Fixed User name and date are reversed in RTL

Moshe1010

The red box in the pic:

The username should be on the right and then the date, like the arrows below the red box.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Issues like these are generally nightmarish (if possible) to fix. It has to do with "affinity" for RTL vs LTR and how the browser then lays text out. It is very dependent on the particular text in question - if you use an actual RTL character there, you can see the change. This is entirely down to browser (well, Unicode) layout rules.

Issues like these are generally nightmarish (if possible) to fix. It has to do with "affinity" for RTL vs LTR and how the browser then lays text out. It is very dependent on the particular text in question - if you use an actual RTL character there, you can see the change. This is entirely down to browser (well, Unicode) layout rules.
It's not a big problem to customize it in terms of RTL; however, I have no idea how that would effect the English version, which is the core of this system. I guess it's better to fix it by myself since I don't care how that would affect the English version.

Anyway, do you prefer to combine all the RTL "bugs/issues" in one thread? I feel like I'm spamming here. I have some other RTL bugs that I've found (I find them through my translation).

Depends if they're still going to be relevant, but I appreciate that will be hard to know until 1.2 is available.

No, one thread per bug is always better.

I think this is related to the same issue, but this one is more critical since it makes no sense to the reader:

This is under "messages" in user's profile (last messages/history)
moolbstesting.png

Here is another one with number of replies in a thread:
orellbstesting.png

Last edited:
I've made a change for this for the next 1.2 beta. I would appreciate if you tried it and let me know if it helps.

The issue is that the date format you're using is completely "neutral" so the browser let's it inherit whatever comes before it. In this case, it's LTR names. I'm now hinting that neutral characters in the date should be considered RTL.

It certainly changes the first example but I can't make sense of what I'm reading. :)

Top Bottom