XF 1.5 User Moderation without Spam Trigger?

XenBurger

I must be having a brain fart right now, but I only remember seeing users in the "Moderation" queue for registration if they triggered some flag from the spam system. Like matching IP or email address or username. I don't have "manually approve" enabled.

I am now seeing a bunch of users who have no such spam flag at all. It just says nothing about them, and is asking me if I want to approve them. Example of one of these:

User: 5headDave (j1096426@mxxxx.com)
IP: 82.131.57.23
Action:
Do nothing
Approve
Reject

As compared to the ones I am used to seeing in there:

User: abide amora (djasssssss999@gmail.com)
IP: 41.109.99.255
Spam Log: Shared IP with banned users (Abdou)
Action:
Do nothing
Approve
Reject

So what does a forum admin do if he is unable to check user moderation queue for more than 30 days? I have 49 users waiting on me, and 80% of them have no data.

Definitely something that should be kept longer than 30 days.

So what does a forum admin do if he is unable to check user moderation queue for more than 30 days?
Absence for that length of time really necessitates having at least one other trusted member of staff with the ability to deal with the user moderation queue. Whilst some of these are spammers, a few might be legitimate users and you wouldn't want potential new members kept waiting for approval for more than a few days, let alone over a month.

Absence for that length of time really necessitates having at least one other trusted member of staff with the ability to deal with the user moderation queue. Whilst some of these are spammers, a few might be legitimate users and you wouldn't want potential new members kept waiting for approval for more than a few days, let alone over a month.

Thank you for your opinion, but unfortunately this does not address the problem.

There should be no expiration date, regardless of someone's opinion on whether it should be monitored more often or not.

Every website is different, and registrations may happen only once a month on some of them.

In my case, I was away for an extended period of time. It doesnt' matter. This is off topic.

Why does this function expire? I can't imagine its a moral slap on the wrist for admins who aren't paying attention often enough.

Top Bottom