Implemented User Moderation Queue Option - Approve & Ban

Brent W

Since you flag banned users who sign up again using the same ip address it would be nice to have the option to Approve the account and then ban it right after. This keeps the email address from being used again (rejecting it allows for the same use of the email).

I realize I can add it to the banned email list but this is a much more efficient way to handle this imo.

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
You may have missed it, but we've essentially implemented this in XF 2.0.

upload_2017-4-26_20-27-51.webp

Rejection no longer causes the user to be deleted. Instead, their user state is set to "Rejected".

This prevents the same username and email address from being used again. We've also got a new "rejected users" spam checker, similar to the "banned users" checker, which will flag up when a registration IP matches that of an already rejected user.

You may have missed it, but we've essentially implemented this in XF 2.0.

View attachment 151751

Rejection no longer causes the user to be deleted. Instead, their user state is set to "Rejected".

This prevents the same username and email address from being used again. We've also got a new "rejected users" spam checker, similar to the "banned users" checker, which will flag up when a registration IP matches that of an already rejected user.

Interesting. I did somehow miss that. Good to know!

It's highly unlikely such features, particularly ones which may significantly change existing functionality and the assumptions of third party code which extends that, would be added to a third point 1.5 release.

It's highly unlikely such features, particularly ones which may significantly change existing functionality and the assumptions of third party code which extends that, would be added to a third point 1.5 release.

Well if there is a 1.6 release :)

Top Bottom