User Mentions Improvements by Xon

User Mentions Improvements by Xon 2.9.0

No permission to download

Xon

Xon submitted a new resource:

User Mentions Improvements by Xon - Improvements to XenForo's user mentions system (user group mentions)

Improvements to XenForo's user mentions system. This addon was a private addon 2 weeks before public release.

This addon is not designed to deal with large group memberships. This feature may be added in the future.

Features:
  • Mentionalable user groups.
    • Customizable icon per group (small + large).
    • Membership can be viewed on the front-end.
    • User group may be private, at which point only members can tag or view that group.
    • Permission to tag taggable groups...

Read more about this resource...

Sweet. I love the fact that this mod is free. I may donate in a few weeks once I get some cash. Keep up the great work!

Although... I tried doing a mention (only set to admins and mods of the site), and @admin, @MoD, @carnotaurus (also admin term), @utahraptor (also mod term), and none of them started showing as mentionable.

Reactions: Xon
Getting this error. Need more info? I’m on mobile for a few hours so it will be later today.

Even one single error in the logs makes me think something’s gone bad, haha.C8E95C98-1147-4726-AA1A-C62DFBC435D0.webp

Code:
#0 src/XF/Service/Post/Preparer.php(98): SV\UserMentionsImprovements\XF\Service\Message\Preparer->prepare('Hey Survivors! ...', false)
#1 src/XF/Service/Thread/Creator.php(148): XF\Service\Post\Preparer->setMessage('Hey Survivors! ...', true, false)
#2 src/XF/Service/Feed/Feeder.php(178): XF\Service\Thread\Creator->setContent('Community Crunc...', 'Hey Survivors! ...')
#3 src/XF/Service/Feed/Feeder.php(122): XF\Service\Feed\Feeder->setupThreadCreate(Array)
#4 src/XF.php(392): XF\Service\Feed\Feeder->XF\Service\Feed\{closure}()
#5 src/XF/Service/Feed/Feeder.php(142): XF::asVisitor(Object(SV\UserMentionsImprovements\XF\Entity\User), Object(Closure))
#6 src/XF/Service/Feed/Feeder.php(112): XF\Service\Feed\Feeder->importEntry(Array)
#7 src/XF/Job/Feeder.php(44): XF\Service\Feed\Feeder->importEntries()
#8 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(241): XF\Job\Feeder->run(7.9999980926514)
#9 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(187): XF\Job\Manager->runJobInternal(Array, 7.9999980926514)
#10 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(76): XF\Job\Manager->runJobEntry(Array, 7.9999980926514)
#11 job.php(15): XF\Job\Manager->runQueue(false, 8)
#12 {main}

Code:
array(4) {
  ["url"] => string(8) "/job.php"
  ["referrer"] => string(33) "https://kensonplays.com/admin.php"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }

It would be good if you could change the background of the user name of the respective or group in order to make it appear out of the text. And icon for Mentions.

Is it possible for the author of a thread to mention all the people who replied to that thread at once?

Is it right that only one icon is displayed? Even if you have two different groups of users? And Banner Icon not works!

Last edited:
Is it right that only one icon is displayed? Even if you have two different groups of users? And Banner Icon not works!
There are two icons, a small one used in the autocomplete for mentioning user groups and the large one when you view the entire group. This add-on does not add the icon next to the user group after you finish selecting which usergroup to mention.

Can you please explain which icon you are talking about.

There are two icons, a small one used in the autocomplete for mentioning user groups and the large one when you view the entire group. This add-on does not add the icon next to the user group after you finish selecting which usergroup to mention.

Can you please explain which icon you are talking about.

:rolleyes::ROFLMAO: Upps, I'm at the wrong resource. It's about icons in the username. :X3: Sorry

When I post a @mention no icon shows up next to the username, is there a setting I'm missing?
screener.webpscreener-2.webp

Last edited:
Top Bottom