User map [Deleted]

By this do you mean if a user is a member of 2 groups, both of which have a custom pin? I could see this being an issue.
No, different users in different groups.
It appears to be using Display Styling Priority correctly, at least for me (with multiple group colours)
Could be the problem. The pin groups are secondary groups and the style priority is 0.... I just made the groups for the pins. Combined with user group promotion by custom fields.

The purpose was to let users select a user group by custom field and then have the according pin.

Maybe it just only uses the HIGHEST styling priority?

I've bought this map some days ago in order to avoid the user map I am using currently (on testserver before migration). Have it since 1.4, now upgraded to 1.6

I am just not seeing the usermap. XML installed without server error, "Crispin User Map" options can be set and saved, both available user group permissions are set to "yes" for administratives - but visiting
http://ip/xen/xenforo/usermap with administrator gives me a 404 - it's just not there.

May this be because of the ip-address instead of a domain? Or because of the additional folder "xen" before xenforo root?
Or, I have Debian 7 with PHP 5.3.3 installed, 5.4 is not currently available.

Any hints where I could search? Is anybody using this with PHP 5.3? But I would expect a blank page or an error page if PHP is invalid, but's it's a 404 not found error.

Last edited:
Thanks, yes, it is.

I've tried now on a local XAMP installation with PHP 5.6 in localhost/xenforo/usermap - and it's the same, 404

What did you do to make this run?
  • normal addon: copy "upload", choose xml to install
  • afterwards go into Options - Crispin Usermap - just have a look and save, no Google API key needed at the beginning (Crispin said so)
  • go to Usergroup permission, set both option to "yes" (for administratives, as I use an admanistrator to test)
  • Go into user profile of admin, set a location in field "Map location", like "10787, Berlin"
  • visit localhost/xenforo/usermap
Forgot anything?
Get 404 - and now, first time, found some errors in server log:

Code:
Error Info
ErrorException: Trying to get property of non-object - library\Crispin\UserMap\Model\UserMaps.php:238
Generated By: Admin, 7 minutes ago
Stack Trace
#0 C:\xampp\htdocs\xenforo\library\Crispin\UserMap\Model\UserMaps.php(238): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Trying to get p...', 'C:\\xampp\\htdocs...', 238, Array)
#1 C:\xampp\htdocs\xenforo\library\Crispin\UserMap\DataWriter\User.php(19): Crispin_UserMap_Model_UserMaps->getGeoLocationFromLocation(2, '10787, Berlin')
#2 C:\xampp\htdocs\xenforo\library\XenForo\DataWriter.php(1423): Crispin_UserMap_DataWriter_User->_postSave()
#3 C:\xampp\htdocs\xenforo\library\XenForo\ControllerPublic\Misc.php(108): XenForo_DataWriter->save()
#4 C:\xampp\htdocs\xenforo\library\LimitLanguageUsage\Extend\ControllerPublic\Misc.php(9): XenForo_ControllerPublic_Misc->actionLanguage()
#5 C:\xampp\htdocs\xenforo\library\XenForo\FrontController.php(351): LimitLanguageUsage_Extend_ControllerPublic_Misc->actionLanguage()
#6 C:\xampp\htdocs\xenforo\library\XenForo\FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#7 C:\xampp\htdocs\xenforo\index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#8 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(183) "http://localhost/xenforo/index.php?misc/language&language_id=1&_xfToken=2%2C1465848362%2Cebb08afadad6746153422b0285a469cecb7f2001&redirect=http%3A%2F%2Flocalhost%2Fxenforo%2Findex.php"
  ["_GET"] => array(4) {
    ["misc/language"] => string(0) ""
    ["language_id"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfToken"] => string(53) "2,1465848362,ebb08afadad6746153422b0285a469cecb7f2001"
    ["redirect"] => string(34) "http://localhost/xenforo/index.php"
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

The errors are just when choosing a different language - I would assume it has no real influence on the map. Chosing English, there is no error.

But the usermap is still not there.

@CrispinP was using fetchapp but it's not working, so he's sending updates via convo.

@CrispinP let us know that you're reading these messages and working on solutions, I would hate to see this addon go dead after it has shown so much promise!!!

Right now the only thing I would like to figure out is how to make the mass update work, then I'd be happy with the functionality. The rest is icing :)

I upgraded to 1.7 and ran the mass update which appeared to work since I got a screen that listed all of the users, user IDs, and the locations that were updated. Then I went to the map and nothing showed. Permissions are set correctly and View All is selected. Prior to the update (prior to running mass update) I had 3 pins on the map - mine, one user I had manually edited, and one new users who registered after the addon was installed.

I have 31 pages of server log errors that kicked in after I ran the mass update.
Code:
Error Info

XenForo_Exception: API access to Google was not OK. ReturnedOVER_QUERY_LIMIT. You have exceeded your rate-limit for this API. - library/Crispin/UserMap/Model/UserMaps.php:251
Generated By: Turbo, 1 minute ago
Stack Trace
#0 /home/atq4wf9l/public_html/library/Crispin/UserMap/ControllerPublic/UserMap.php(168): Crispin_UserMap_Model_UserMaps->getGeoLocationFromLocation(882, 'Maryland')
#1 /home/atq4wf9l/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(351): Crispin_UserMap_ControllerPublic_UserMap->actionMassUpdate()
#2 /home/atq4wf9l/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#3 /home/atq4wf9l/public_html/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#4 {main}

I only have ~900 users so I'm not sure how I went over that limit

I seem to be having quite a tough time figuring this out. I thought that if you didn't have a need to go over the "free" limit of the google API that you didn't need to mess with adding a server or browser key. I've gone through google's console and done everything I can think of and it's still returning an error when I delete my location, then add it back in, and reload the map

Code:
XenForo_Exception: API access to Google was not OK. Returned. - library/Crispin/UserMap/Model/UserMaps.php:251
Stack Trace

#0 /home/atq4wf9l/public_html/library/Crispin/UserMap/DataWriter/User.php(19): Crispin_UserMap_Model_UserMaps->getGeoLocationFromLocation(1, 'West Des Moines...')
#1 /home/atq4wf9l/public_html/library/XenForo/DataWriter.php(1423): Crispin_UserMap_DataWriter_User->_postSave()
#2 /home/atq4wf9l/public_html/library/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Account.php(313): XenForo_DataWriter->save()
#3 /home/atq4wf9l/public_html/library/Awedo/ACLocation/ControllerPublic/Account.php(48): XenForo_ControllerPublic_Account->actionPersonalDetailsSave()
#4 /home/atq4wf9l/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(351): Awedo_ACLocation_ControllerPublic_Account->actionPersonalDetailsSave()
#5 /home/atq4wf9l/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#6 /home/atq4wf9l/public_html/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#7 {main}

Alright. I'm really severely banging my head against the wall trying to figure this out.

I only have about 900 users and very low traffic, maybe a hundred posts/month (very product specific forum) so there's no way I can see that I used up all 2500 free hits between midnight and 9am today. But that was using no API keys, assuming that this would work OK for me - but something isn't right, not sure if that's me or what.

I'm also a complete newbie to google APIs, I was able to muddle my way through it but something is seriously snagging me so maybe someone with knowledge about this can help me out and tell me if I have totally boufed something up or what. I likely had the wrong API running, I had enabled Google Map Geolocation API and Embed API but not the Javascript one. So I enabled the javascript one and disabled the other 2, and set up a browser and server key, server was already authenticated (I had to go into WHM and edit my zone file and add a txt entry, quite difficult I imagine to get this done without access...).

This is how I have it set up

map6.webp

map1.webp

map2.webp

map3.webp

map4.webp

map5.webp

map7.webp

map8.webp

as you can see it is receiving hits, the last couple were from the last time I ran the massupdate (which is /massupdate not ?massupdate - FAQ page error, dev fixed it I think)

when I run it, I get this screen after about a minute

map9.webp

...and then 221 pages of server error logs

It appear for each user it tries to process I get a sequence of 6 "Trying to get property of non-object" errors followed by a "API access to Google was not OK. Returned." error

Code:
Error Info
ErrorException: Trying to get property of non-object - library/Crispin/UserMap/Model/UserMaps.php:238
Generated By: Turbo, 30 minutes ago
Stack Trace

#0 /home/***********/public_html/library/Crispin/UserMap/Model/UserMaps.php(238): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Trying to get p...', '/home/******/...', 238, Array)
#1 /home/***********/public_html/library/Crispin/UserMap/ControllerPublic/UserMap.php(168): Crispin_UserMap_Model_UserMaps->getGeoLocationFromLocation(880, 'Maryland')
#2 /home/***********/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(351): Crispin_UserMap_ControllerPublic_UserMap->actionMassUpdate()
#3 /home/***********/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#4 /home/***********/public_html/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#5 {main}

Request State

array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(49) "https://www.algaescrubbing.com/usermap/massupdate"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

Code:
Error Info
ErrorException: Trying to get property of non-object - library/Crispin/UserMap/Model/UserMaps.php:241
Generated By: Turbo, 31 minutes ago
Stack Trace

#0 /home/***********/public_html/library/Crispin/UserMap/Model/UserMaps.php(241): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Trying to get p...', '/home/******/...', 241, Array)
#1 /home/***********/public_html/library/Crispin/UserMap/ControllerPublic/UserMap.php(168): Crispin_UserMap_Model_UserMaps->getGeoLocationFromLocation(880, 'Maryland')
#2 /home/***********/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(351): Crispin_UserMap_ControllerPublic_UserMap->actionMassUpdate()
#3 /home/***********/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#5 {main}

Request State

array(3) {
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

Code:
Error Info
ErrorException: Trying to get property of non-object - library/Crispin/UserMap/Model/UserMaps.php:246
Generated By: Turbo, 31 minutes ago
Stack Trace

#0 /home/***********/public_html/library/Crispin/UserMap/Model/UserMaps.php(246): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Trying to get p...', '/home/******/...', 246, Array)
#5 {main}

Request State

array(3) {
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

Code:
Error Info
ErrorException: Trying to get property of non-object - library/Crispin/UserMap/Model/UserMaps.php:250
Generated By: Turbo, 32 minutes ago
Stack Trace

#0 /home/***********/public_html/library/Crispin/UserMap/Model/UserMaps.php(250): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Trying to get p...', '/home/******/...', 250, Array)
#5 {main}

Request State

array(3) {
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

Code:
Error Info
ErrorException: Trying to get property of non-object - library/Crispin/UserMap/Model/UserMaps.php:251
Stack Trace

#0 /home/***********/public_html/library/Crispin/UserMap/Model/UserMaps.php(251): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Trying to get p...', '/home/******/...', 251, Array)
#5 {main}

Request State

array(3) {
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

Code:
Error Info
ErrorException: Trying to get property of non-object - library/Crispin/UserMap/Model/UserMaps.php:251
Stack Trace

#0 /home/***********/public_html/library/Crispin/UserMap/Model/UserMaps.php(251): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Trying to get p...', '/home/******/...', 251, Array)
#5 {main}

Request State

array(3) {
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

Google error

Code:
Error Info
XenForo_Exception: API access to Google was not OK. Returned. - library/Crispin/UserMap/Model/UserMaps.php:251
Generated By: Turbo, 25 minutes ago
Stack Trace

#0 /home/***********/public_html/library/Crispin/UserMap/ControllerPublic/UserMap.php(168): Crispin_UserMap_Model_UserMaps->getGeoLocationFromLocation(880, 'Maryland')
#1 /home/***********/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(351): Crispin_UserMap_ControllerPublic_UserMap->actionMassUpdate()
#2 /home/***********/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#3 /home/***********/public_html/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#4 {main}

Request State

array(3) {
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

Last edited:
The errors were logged in that order - the 6 non-object errors followed by the API access error. 4522 error log entries in total evenly divisible by 646 which is the number of users with locations entered (I made it mandatory at some point)

So is this my problem or what. Seems like 2 problems, or one causing the other

When I go to my own profile and delete my entry for Map Location (leaving only "location" as "Iowa (United States)") I get this server error

Code:
Error Info
Stack Trace

#0 /home/*****/public_html/library/Crispin/UserMap/DataWriter/User.php(19): Crispin_UserMap_Model_UserMaps->getGeoLocationFromLocation(1, 'Iowa (United St...')
#1 /home/*****/public_html/library/XenForo/DataWriter.php(1423): Crispin_UserMap_DataWriter_User->_postSave()
#2 /home/*****/public_html/library/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Account.php(313): XenForo_DataWriter->save()
#3 /home/*****/public_html/library/Awedo/ACLocation/ControllerPublic/Account.php(48): XenForo_ControllerPublic_Account->actionPersonalDetailsSave()
#4 /home/*****/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(351): Awedo_ACLocation_ControllerPublic_Account->actionPersonalDetailsSave()
#5 /home/*****/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#6 /home/*****/public_html/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#7 {main}

Request State

array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(60) "https://www.algaescrubbing.com/account/personal-details-save"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(18) {
    ["status"] => string(0) ""
    ["custom_title"] => string(39) "Does not really look like Johnny Carson"
    ["gender"] => string(4) "male"
    ["show_dob_date"] => string(1) "1"
    ["location"] => string(20) "Iowa (United States)"
    ["occupation"] => string(10) "Aquarinerd"
    ["homepage"] => string(29) "http://www.turbosaquatics.com"
    ["custom_fields"] => array(1) {
      ["map_location"] => string(0) ""
    }
    ["custom_fields_shown"] => array(1) {
      [0] => string(12) "map_location"
    }
    ["about_html"] => string(11) "<p><br></p>"
    ["_xfRelativeResolver"] => string(55) "https://www.algaescrubbing.com/account/personal-details"
    ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
    ["gnid"] => string(7) "4862182"
    ["selectedLocation"] => string(20) "Iowa (United States)"
    ["save"] => string(12) "Save Changes"
    ["_xfRequestUri"] => string(25) "/account/personal-details"
    ["_xfNoRedirect"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
  }
}
so it's try to access google API but I must be a moron and have something set up wrong...

Oh yes, ACP options does have the browser and server key entered correctly, just double checked.

map3-jpg.135978
I put in my website dedicated IP here - is that incorrect?

To avoid confusion - let's continue the trouble-shooting in the private conversation (as we are now) We'll post an update as soon as it's resolved.

I am still waiting for some information to download as well... I thought it was automated?
Frustrating! FetchApp closed the account because they could not figure out why it was bust.

I will send you an updated on now. Check your PC.

@CrispinP let us know that you're reading these messages and working on solutions, I would hate to see this addon go dead after it has shown so much promise!!!
The add-on won't go dead - promise. I'm been working in the office from 6:30am to 19:00 every day for the last week (major release of product) as well as having my server die a thousand deaths on me. Living on redbull and 3 hours sleep at the moment :)

Nonetheless, let's fix the problems. Apologies if it looks like I have been ignoring - I've just plain missed out on the conversation.

just purchased how do i download?
I think I sent this to you a couple days ago? Correct me if I am wrong.

What is the current version? 1.7?

I have 1.6 now and there a plenty of issues to be looked upon... ;)

Just wanted to install, and was irritated by an "images" folder to be installed in the root. It should be in an extra folder in the "styles" or "data" folders to be in conformity with XenForo structure.

It would be great if this would have ACP option checkmarks to have the map in different locations (multiple choice):
  1. Main Nav Tab ("Member Map")
  2. "Members" --> Sub Nav Tab (as proposed by @Mouth )
  3. User's Profile (As "Profile Tab") (With user pin centered)
(and of course remove it from the "Forums" tab, because it has nothing to do with forums)

Server Error while watching the map

Code:
Server Error Log
Error Info
ErrorException: Undefined index: map_location - library/Crispin/UserMap/ControllerPublic/UserMap.php:17
Generated By: XXXX XXXXX, 3 minutes ago
Stack Trace
#0 /var/www/clients/client180/web812/web/library/Crispin/UserMap/ControllerPublic/UserMap.php(17): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Undefined index...', '/var/www/client...', 17, Array)
#1 /var/www/clients/client180/web812/web/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(351): Crispin_UserMap_ControllerPublic_UserMap->actionIndex()
#2 /var/www/clients/client180/web812/web/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#3 /var/www/clients/client180/web812/web/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#4 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(51) "https://www.xxxxxxxxxx.com/usermap?viewuser=1/"
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    ["viewuser"] => string(2) "1/"
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

Has anyone tried to use custom icons yet? It's not showing.

View attachment 135899

Top Bottom