User map [Deleted]

ok, one problem fixed. I could recreate it and have now fixed it. I sent you a patched file - could you check it and let me know in the PC?

The second problem I cannot recreate. I can see where and why it would happen but don't understand why it happened to you. Are you able to recreate it?
The only way I can see it happening is if you tried accessing the map while the templates were still rebuilding. Nonetheless, let me know if and how. Where you logged in or not?

The second problem I cannot recreate. I can see where and why it would happen but don't understand why it happened to you. Are you able to recreate it?
Undefined index: map_location
... no, not able to reproduce it anymore after setting my 'Map Location' within /account/personal-details.

Yup, been talking to him about it. In an up-comping update I'll add the ability to select which field you want to pull the info from.

Edit - it was another add-on author I was speaking to.

Nonetheless, the ability to select a field will be there.

Was thinking there was lots of synergy.
The location field having auto-complete from Google, and this add-ons 'Map Location' custom user field having the same functionality. Would make Google Maps API lookups much easier/accurate I would think.

Yes, and mass "correcting" the entries in location field, which exists before the addon, would be great too. There's lots of rubbish in the location field ("at home", "nowhere", "xyz"..."

The location field having auto-complete from Google, and this add-ons 'Map Location' custom user field having the same functionality. Would make Google Maps API lookups much easier/accurate I would think.
It's something I have thought about. I might take a gander at how hard it is and see if it works. but... see below.

Yes, and mass "correcting" the entries in location field, which exists before the addon, would be great too. There's lots of rubbish in the location field ("at home", "nowhere", "xyz"..."
This is why I have a separate field for it. Sometimes people want to put silly things there but still pin themselves on the map. It could be turned on and off I suppose. Maybe, one day, I'll integrate it. :)

Quick update -

Custom colours and icons are now implemented! Last bit of testing and I'll probably release it tomorrow.
Also fixed a couple of small bugs and added some debug logging.

Stay tuned.

Couple for your add-on roadmap ....
  • User option (saved between sessions/visits) to only show the pins of users you are following
  • User option (saved between sessions/visits) to only show the pins of users that are within xx km/miles from your location, where xx is selected by drop-down (values like 5, 10, 20, 50, 100, etc.) and the map auto zooms/focuses on your location if this option is being used.

Last edited:
CrispinP updated User map with a new update entry:

New custom-pin features.

[UPDATE]
What's new?
  • Custom colour pins for user groups
  • Ability to specify a pin colour or an icon (png/jpg etc)
  • Ability to specify different sizes for self-pin (your location) and user pins
  • [bug] If more than one location was found then nothing was used
  • [bug] Clash with some other add-ons
[ACP updates]
How to specify colours and pins for user groups.
View attachment 135727

[Front-end]
Heat Map
View attachment 135729

When zoomed in you can spot...

Read the rest of this update entry...

CrispinP updated User map with a new update entry:
I'm finding that /account/personal-details is not saving details. Anyone else experiencing the same?
Change something (Location, Map Location, Show birth year, etc.) and click Submit. Appears to save, but then refresh the page and the new values have reverted to what they were prior.

Change something (Location, Map Location, Show birth year, etc.) and click Submit. Appears to save, but then refresh the page and the new values have reverted to what they were prior.
What's the value you are putting in?

What's the value you are putting in?
Doesn't matter. Could even be only ticking/unticking 'Show year of birth'. I click save changes, and it apears to save but I don't get the temporary drop-down from the page saying "Your Changes have been saved'. Disable the add-on, and changes on /account/personal-details then save and I get the temporary drop-down from the page saying "Your Changes have been saved'.. Re-enable the add-on, and the changes don't save properly again.

Top Bottom