XF 1.4 User left conversation, but still getting notifications

Mr Lucky

I have a user who is complaining that although she has left a conversation, she is still getting email notifications regarding other participants' replies in the conversation.

Surely this shouldn't happen? I can't find anything in preferences about this apart from:

Receive email when a new conversation message is received

Email notifications for new conversations, replies to existing conversations, and being added to an existing conversation.

Presumably you would tick this if you want emails for conversations you are participating in, but you would not expect it to also mean conversations you wee in but no longer.

Are they ignoring future messages when they leave? Otherwise, the conversation is added again if a future message is sent. So notifications are expected.

Are they ignoring future messages when they leave? Otherwise, the conversation is added again if a future message is sent. So notifications are expected.
I'm presuming they are ignoring messages, otherwise they would still be in the conversation. She says she has "permanently" left the conversation which I took to mean she ticked the "ignore future messages box, but I will have to double check.

If she did that, then someone else responding to the conversation should not have re-added her. It sounds like an add-on could be at play. Have you tried disabling all add-ons?

I don't think she was re added she just says she is getting email notifications of other members responses. We can't replicate the problem so are going to try and investigate that particular PC further.

Top Bottom