XF 1.2 User info and post bit not even

Tarynjh

I am slightly anal about this so it might be something completely stupid to complain about, but when I'm viewing posts on my site, the user info area and the post bit do not show up evenly. Sometimes the user info is a mile long while the post is short, or the post is a mile long and the user info is hardly noticeable. I feel like I'm not explaining this very well, so a perfect example can be found here.

Is there a mod or some kind of coding I can add to make both of these match in height so that the fluidity of the threads stays intact?

So then why is the user block like 10 inches long while the accompanying post is only like 3 and vice versa in some other areas? Doesn't seem like that is something the developers would have wanted. A perfect example just happened right here: http://deadfans.net/forum/index.php?threads/so-since-were-doing-this-again.175/

It just looks so odd.

It might be an issue with a mod I have in line, so I might have to just turn on/off mods one at a time to see if it fixes the issue.

So then why is the user block like 10 inches long while the accompanying post is only like 3 and vice versa in some other areas? Doesn't seem like that is something the developers would have wanted. A perfect example just happened right here: http://deadfans.net/forum/index.php?threads/so-since-were-doing-this-again.175/

It just looks so odd.

It might be an issue with a mod I have in line, so I might have to just turn on/off mods one at a time to see if it fixes the issue.

I'm unable to view your forum as a guest. Have you tried adjust the height?

I don't know what is happening with the second screenshot and without being able to view your forum I can't debug the issue. But you could wrap some style around the .messageList .message which would contain both the messageuserinfo and message content. It's because your wrapping styling around the .message .messageInfo that's giving off this undesirable appearance of misalignment.

By wrapping the border and such around the .messageList you can minimize this appearance sinch both the block and content are contained.

Here's an example CSS that can be pasted into EXTRA.CSS

Code:
.messageList .message {
background: url("@imagePath/xenforo/gradients/message-grad.png") repeat-x scroll center bottom #E6DFD8;
border: 1px solid #C0B8B2 !important;
border-radius: 3px 3px 3px 3px;
box-shadow: 0 8px 6px -6px #C5C5C5;
margin-bottom: 15px;
padding-left: 10px;
padding-right: 10px;}
the output of that css
Screenshot_2.webp

Last edited:
I assumed so. But now I'm encountering a 503 error and I'm seriously laughing from the frustration. I'll get back to you guys on whether that fix works or not when the lamebrains at my server's support center respond.

I just found out, this thread actually needs a 1.1 prefix (I noticed last night that I actually do not have 1.2, when I thought I did. Boy, do I feel like a dummy!).

@Brogan This is my testuser login info:

username: testuser
password: testuser

If nothing else works, I will attempt adding a post wrapper like Shelley mentioned before. But when I began to work on that, that's when I had other issues with some table and got really frustrated with tech support since it was obvious they were robots so I decided to take a day from it before I start working on it again.

My guess is it's a conflict with one of the many add-ons I have used ( below). The items not stylized are add-ons that are disabled:

1. 8thos - No Redirect As Default When Moving Threads 1
  2. 8thos Gamercards 1.5
  3. 8thos Navigation Avatar 1.0
  4. Add Poll to Existing Threads 1.1.3
  5. Add Username Style to Last Post 1.0.1
  6. Add-on Install & Upgrade 1.0.3

7. AJAX - Advanced Forum Statistics 0.9.3

8. Avatar for Banned Users 1.2
  9. AzuCloud 0.1.2
  10. Browser Detection (Mobile/MSIE) 1.2
  11. Change Thread Starter 1.0
  12. Cliptheapex.com's Countdown Timer 1.5.1.14_EQnoble
  13. Conversation From Registered Members Page 1.1
  14. Conversation Search by Waindigo 1.0.0b
  15. Double Post 1.0.6
  16. Email Report 1.0.1
  17. Faster Addoncache Rebuild 1.0.0 RC1
  18. Followers/Following in Member Card 1.0
  19. Force Ignore by Waindigo 1.0.1
  20. FreddysHouse Tools: Signature Once 1.2.0
  21. Go To Top ! 1.1.2
  22. Hide User Signature 1.3
  23. KeyCAPTCHA 2.1
  24. Last Post Avatar by Waindigo 1.1.8
  25. Mobile Style Selector 1.2
  26. Number of Posts to Send Personal Conversations 1.0
  27. Post As User by Waindigo 1.0.3
  28. Post Message Regex Replacer 1.0.0
  29. Quick Reply Preview 1.3
  30. QuoteME ! 1.7.0
  31. ragtek Hide Memberlist for Guests 1.1
  32. RCBD - RecentStatus 4.0.2
  33. SK Mark Thread as Thread 1.1.0
  34. sonnb - Prevent double post 1.0.1
  35. Spoiler bbCode 1.1.0
  36. Start Conversation from Post 1.2.5
  37. Table BBCode 1
  38. TaigaChat 0.5.5
  39. Tapatalk 1.7.0
  40. Template Modification System 1.2.2
  41. Toggle ME 2.1
  42. UcaseFirst 1.1.0
  43. Unread Post Count 1.0.11
  44. Users Awaiting Approval in Mod Bar 1.1.1
  45. WaterMark Add-on 1.2
  46. WebGuruBB.com DPC Addon 1.0.2
  47. XenFacil's Quote 5.0.0
  48. XFA - Previous and Next thread link 1.0.0
  49. [bd] Tag Me 1.7.5b
  50. [bd] Widget Framework 2.2.3b
  51. [Nobita] Last Post Preview 0.71
  52. [Nobita] Thread Action Notice 0.25
  53. [RT] Online Status Ribbon 1.3.6
  54. [RT] User Rank Images 1.1.5

The cause of that long message userinfo is a bunch of rank ribbons that aren't even showing. Basically, all the images are failing to load since the path to them is incorrect. Remove those will drastically lower the messageuserinfo down to an acceptable size.

Screenshot_2.webp

Last edited:
There seems to be two add-ons (referenced as ribbon ranks) in your list perhaps the other or you've made a template edits that needs code removing from?

Edit: The other is an online/offline mod I thought there were two.

Last edited:
I don't know what is happening with the second screenshot and without being able to view your forum I can't debug the issue. But you could wrap some style around the .messageList .message which would contain both the messageuserinfo and message content. It's because your wrapping styling around the .message .messageInfo that's giving off this undesirable appearance of misalignment.

By wrapping the border and such around the .messageList you can minimize this appearance sinch both the block and content are contained.

Here's an example CSS that can be pasted into EXTRA.CSS

Code:
.messageList .message {
background: url("@imagePath/xenforo/gradients/message-grad.png") repeat-x scroll center bottom #E6DFD8;
border: 1px solid #C0B8B2 !important;
border-radius: 3px 3px 3px 3px;
box-shadow: 0 8px 6px -6px #C5C5C5;
margin-bottom: 15px;
padding-left: 10px;
padding-right: 10px;}
the output of that css
View attachment 52098
Don't work with me:
Screenshot_15.webp

Top Bottom