User Group Promotions

JordanH

Ok so I have some user groups, and two of them are as follows:
Registered,

What I am trying to focus is I do not want users to just register and post in certain sections of the forum without having some time of post count. I also want it so they can't have a signature until they have this post count.

Right now I'm just making the post count 10. So registered users are able to sign up, post around, but cant post in certain parts of the forum or have a signature.

Members are able to do all of this.

I went to my admin control panel over at admin.php?user-group-promotions

I created the promotion. and I set it so the user is promoted to Member. I also have it set to the post count is at least 10.

I have tried different things to get this to work properly, but it seems users are having trouble getting upgraded. Is the upgrade suppose to be instant?

Is there something I'm doing wrong.

What exactly should I do to only have registered users be promoted to member once they get 10 post?

Ok so I have some user groups, and two of them are as follows:
Registered,

What I am trying to focus is I do not want users to just register and post in certain sections of the forum without having some time of post count. I also want it so they can't have a signature until they have this post count.

Right now I'm just making the post count 10. So registered users are able to sign up, post around, but cant post in certain parts of the forum or have a signature.

Members are able to do all of this.

I went to my admin control panel over at admin.php?user-group-promotions

I created the promotion. and I set it so the user is promoted to Member. I also have it set to the post count is at least 10.

I have tried different things to get this to work properly, but it seems users are having trouble getting upgraded. Is the upgrade suppose to be instant?

Is there something I'm doing wrong.

What exactly should I do to only have registered users be promoted to member once they get 10 post?

Promotions are not instant - they happen every hour or so in a cron job.

Top Bottom