XF 1.3 User Group Promotions question

Ludachris

In vB3, we used the promotions system as a probation system for newly registered members and those who weren't very active posters. This limited those members to post in only a few forums on the site and also had several other limitations. This helped encourage people to participate (in a positive way) to get promoted. Once the member hit 30 days registered and 30 posts they were bumped up to a "proven" usergroup via a cron job that night, which opened up all standard access to the site.

I'm trying to get this working with XF and I keep having situations come up where the member will get promoted then demoted the same day - they keep bouncing back and forth. I have all members set as Registered for their primary group - new members belong to the Registered group only. I have a user group promotion set up that checks if the user state is valid, if the member is member of the Registered user group, is not a member of any other user group, has at least 30 messages, and has been a member for at least 30 days. If they meet that criteria they get added to the Proven group.

Do I have it set up correctly to function the same way it did in vB? Will there be a situation where members will lose the promotion even if they meet the requirements for the promotion?

Members will never be demoted as long as they meet the criteria.

Why are you checking if they aren't a member of any other user group?
Surely that is going to trigger a demotion for the promotion as once they get promoted they are now a member of the Proven group, which makes them a member of another user group...

Sorry, meant to say "aren't a member of any of the other user groups - not including Proven". The idea is to promote people who are ONLY part of the Registered group and no other groups.

If members are toggling in and out of the Proven user group then you have a conflict with the criteria somewhere.

I implement a similar system on my site.
All members are pre-moderated.
After 5 posts they get promoted to a Verified user group which no longer pre-moderates them.
Any member purchasing an account upgrade is automatically promoted to the Verified group.

Top Bottom