1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

User Group Promotions not promoting users.

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by WaddleJrJr, Jul 1, 2012.

1. WaddleJrJr

WaddleJrJr Member

I've been trying to make a User Group Promotion, but when I'm done and try to test the promotion, it does not work. Then, when I manage promoted users, I notice that not a single person got promoted. No matter what I set it to, no one seems to get promoted. Even if I put it at 'User is logged in' or 'User is a registered user' no one gets promoted. I'm not sure what's going on here. There are no errors or anything, it all saves fine.

2. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

It only processes users who have been active in the last 3 days. You can edit this file to change that:

Remove the red:

$users = $userModel->getUsers(array(
    			'user_state' => 'valid',
    			'is_banned' => 0,
    			'last_activity' => array('>', XenForo_Application::$time - 86400 * 3)
    		), array(
    			'join' => XenForo_Model_User::FETCH_USER_FULL
    If you have a lot of users to process then you might encounter memory problems in which case you can use this file:

3. WaddleJrJr

WaddleJrJr Member

Removed that line of code. It didn't seem to make a difference.

Is it possible that I'm just not giving it enough time to run and promote users, or should that happen right when I save the promotion?
  4. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Promotions are handled by a cron that runs hourly. But you can run it manually if you don't want to wait:

Admin CP -> Tools -> Cron Entries -> User Group Promotions -> Controls: Run
  5. WaddleJrJr

WaddleJrJr Member

Okay, I ran it manually and everything worked out alright. Thanks for the help!