XF 2.2 User Group Promotions Feel ... odd?

KensonPlays

I have a promotion that I want to give people the next rank at 25 posts, but they have to make 26 for the promotion to trigger it seems?

All the rest of the fields are blank/default except for the one checked:
1655316716643.webp

Do I need to configure the promotion to be "user has posted 24 messages" instead of 25 for it to apply at 25 instead of 26?

As far as I know, it probably has to do with the cron being triggered by a post they make. So they are upgraded but you don't see it in their profile until they post "again" so it looks like 26? Brogan will correct me.

As far as I know, it probably has to do with the cron being triggered by a post they make. So they are upgraded but you don't see it in their profile until they post "again" so it looks like 26? Brogan will correct me.
Yea, I'd like it to trigger at 25, 100, 500, 1000, 2500 instead of 26, 101, 501, 1001, 2501. Might I need to lower each of them down by one to 24, 99, 999, etc?

Promotions are applied to very recently active members via the routine cron.

If it is set to 25 messages then the promotion will apply then the next time the cron runs, if they have been active recently, or the next time they log in.

Promotions are applied to very recently active members via the routine cron.

If it is set to 25 messages then the promotion will apply then the next time the cron runs, if they have been active recently, or the next time they log in.
hm, I set a custom cron job to run promotions every minute, waited 2-3 minutes after their post, and it didn't apply.

If the member has not logged in in a long time it will only take effect when they log in. The cron applies to recently active. I had this issue when I set new promotions and noticed old members were not promoted. They were once they logged in.

If the member has not logged in in a long time it will only take effect when they log in. The cron applies to recently active. I had this issue when I set new promotions and noticed old members were not promoted. They were once they logged in.
Only built the forums a monthish ago. And they were posting a few minutes earlier, which was why we were confused. We run the nixfifty discord sync and the roles weren't updating at first.

To get clarification, how is "recently active" defined for this situation? I have a member who was active early this morning that should be promoted (via a new promotion I just created) but he isn't getting promoted. I keep making minor changes to the promotion and then run the cron to see if that fixes it but I can't promote him.

I want to make sure I don't have any conflicting promotions. I had one in place for many years and now added 3 more. Before doing so I created 3 more usergroups.

Promo 1 (original promo) - checks to see if the user has X posts and X days registered and adds them to a new usergroup. Additional checks include if the user state is Valid and the belong to the Registered usergroup (to weed out any who are in the Users Awaiting Confirmation usergroup), and also checks to make sure they're not in any of the usergroups specified in the new promotions, in hopes of avoiding any promotion conflicts:

Promo 2 - checks to see if the user has X posts and has been registered XX days and adds them to the same usergroup as above, plus one of the new usergroups. The new usergroup just gives them a fancy user title with higher priority, specifying how long they've been a contributing member.

Promo 3 - checks for an even longer time registered and applies another user title.

Promo 4 - checks again for an even longer time registered.

Is anything I'm doing creating a conflict between promotions? I ask because one of the members who was showing up yesterday as being promoted via one of the new promotions was removed from all of them, even though he qualifies for them. I figured maybe it was due to a conflict.

Last edited:
Top Bottom