user e-mail notification on profile-post ?

erich37

does the user receive an e-mail when somebody posts a message onto his profile-page ?

I have many users posting onto each others Profile-page, but it seems there is no e-mail-notification being send to the user.

This is quite annoying when starting a Forum from scratch and users are not even notified by e-mail when somebody posts onto their profile-page.

I would suggest to implement this feature into XenForo.

Upvote 12
Email notification is currently only available for replies to watched threads and conversations.

well, I always posted some messages onto my users profiles and welcomed them to my site.
But now I know why they never come back to my page again......

This really needs to be in XF by default.

I guess a user would want to receive a notification e-mail when somebody posts onto his Profile-page.

I am actually quite surprised this is not already build into XF.......

well, if this is build into XF, then it should be "optional" to enable or disable it.

Also fighting "Spam" needs to be considered, when a spammer posts onto user-profiles, then users should not get an e-mail.
not sure how to deal with this.....

well, if this is build into XF, then it should be "optional" to enable or disable it.

Also fighting "Spam" needs to be considered, when a spammer posts onto user-profiles, then users should not get an e-mail.

I really want this implemented, but I highly doubt it will ever be, since there's only 3 of us who need it. Possibly an add-on or PAID add-on.

/offtopic
I'm close to giving up on these "suggestions", I just can't believe some of the most useful and needed features aren't already implemented. I have a long list of suggestions, but seeing how no one seems to be interested, it would be a waste of time to suggest them here(xenforo.com).
/end- offtopic

If the e-mail is already sent, there's not much you can do... I suppose you could send e-mail notifications as a batch every hour or so, allowing you to clean up the spam before it's actually sent out...

well, when the user will receive an e-mail notification about a post on his profile, then the user would be easily able to delete messages '(and also spam) he does not want to see posted onto his profile.

If the user does not get an e-mail-notification (as per current XF design), then the user will get quite angry when he looks onto his profile-page after a while and will see a lot of crp posted onto his profile-page.

on my forum, all users are posting messages onto each others profile-page, but none is writing posts into the Forum directly.
So as users are not getting an e-mail-notification on postings at their own profile-page, the users are not returning to the website anymore.

Can we please have this as an XF-option ?

I really want this implemented, but I highly doubt it will ever be, since there's only 3 of us who need it. Possibly an add-on or PAID add-on.
How much would you pay for this?
badteeth.gif

since "Profile-Posts" will be quite exposed with XF 1.4, I think it would make sense to notify the member by E-mail once there is a new "Profile Post" or a "Reply" at his very own Profile-Page.

Would not be funny if people post some ugly stuff onto a persons Profile-Page, but member is not informed or notified.

I'd like to see this in the core. I use an add-on currently for this functionality.

It's also a great way to get folks back to the website - on mine we display whose birthday it is and invite members to post a birthday message on the user's profile. I've seen several return with this thanks to the email notification.

I'd like to see this in the core. I use an add-on currently for this functionality.

It's also a great way to get folks back to the website - on mine we display whose birthday it is and invite members to post a birthday message on the user's profile. I've seen several return with this thanks to the email notification.

may I ask which Addon you are using for this ?

Top Bottom