Lack of interest User-customizable Visitor Panel

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

Ludachris

Back in XF1, I had added a bunch of links to the Visitor Panel to give members a quicker way to get where they needed to go. Problem is, the list of links was really long and everyone uses the site differently. I'm hesitant to add all those links into the 2.2 template.

Wouldn't it be great if the user had the ability to customize their own Visitor Panel links so they could add 1-5 links they usually like to get to quickly so that they don't have to see a really long list of links they don't use? Maybe make it a toggle menu list with the arrow that they can open so it doesn't make the visitor panel huge. We could give them a list of possible destinations to choose from (which add-on developers could tap into).

1617902579308.webp

Here's what mine used to look like:

1617902637610.webp

Upvote 2
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
You could do that with custom user fields - either predefined ones, or by letting the member enter their own URL.

You could do that with custom user fields - either predefined ones, or by letting the member enter their own URL.
So set up the custom fields, label them in a way so the user understands what they are, then display those custom fields in the visitor panel template if they have content?

Top Bottom