1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

User criteria/trophy for adding thread tags

Discussion in 'XenForo Suggestions' started by Alfa1, Jun 25, 2015.

1. Alfa1

Alfa1 Well-Known Member

It would be useful if there would be a user criteria for adding thread tags so that people are awarded for adding tags.
    Freelancer, thomas1, Optic and 18 others like this.
  2. 0ptima

0ptima Well-Known Member

Thus would be a great feature.
  3. ForestForTrees

ForestForTrees Well-Known Member

Alfa1 likes this.
  4. Stuart Wright

Stuart Wright Well-Known Member

Agree. Let's motivate them.
  5. Formina Sage

Formina Sage Member

I'd love to see this - it would definitely drive community engagement for adding tags.
  6. ForestForTrees

I've just had a guy spend a couple hours tagging yesterday and then again today on my forum. He's doing a great job and I'm so grateful. I want to be able to reward him somehow for that.
  7. ForestForTrees

This is all one guy. We're a small forum, so it means a lot. I'd give him a trophy manually, but I always regret manual actions like that later, and I want to show equal appreciation for the "slow and steady" taggers as well.

8. Mert

Mert Well-Known Member

This also has my vote
  9. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

While it's an add-on (and therefore obviously not core), I have just added this to my criteria add-on.

I'll release the new version soon.
  10. Alfa1

Alfa1 Well-Known Member

Nice one!
  11. Daniel Hood

Daniel Hood Well-Known Member

Thanks for speaking up. Was considering adding it to Tag Essentials. Glad I didn't start yet.
    ForestForTrees and Brogan like this.
  12. Brogan

It was very simple so I figured I'd add it - took longer to prepare the resource update than write the code ...
    Daniel Hood likes this.
  13. Brogan

14. ForestForTrees

That's awesome. This thread is a great model of positive developer interaction.

For anyone else, I found the following SQL helpful for manually identifying users who tag a lot. It provides a count of the number of times a user has added a tag that is still in the database.
    SELECT * , count( add_user_id )
    FROM `xf_tag_content`
    WHERE 1
    GROUP BY add_user_id
    ORDER BY count( add_user_id ) DESC
    LIMIT 0 , 30
    I applied it by clicking on the SQL tab of the xf_tag_content table from within phpMyAdminand got the following: