• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

User can't register - error message

Core Freedom

I have been getting much less user registrations since the upgrade a few days ago. One potential user just sent an email saying that she gets an error message when she tries to register:

Error on registration

Please correct the following errors:

Sorry, you must wait longer to create an account.
Something went wrong. Please try again or contact the administrator.

Brogan

XenForo moderator
Staff member
The first message indicates the timer hadn't expired.

Do you have any add-ons installed related to registration?

Have you tried registering yourself to check whether it is a site or user problem?

Core Freedom

Hi Andrej, Ooh, I need that regtimer. I get over 150 spammers trying to log on every day. I just tried registering and it was fine too. But even yesterday with the regtimer I was able to approve members, it's just that there has been 1/3 of registrations since the upgrade, and I'm not sure if some registrations go through and others don't. But I definitely need that regtimer.

Andrej

It is in-built in 1.1.4. :)

Home --> Options --> User Registration

Снимок экрана 2013-05-31 в 20.42.48.png

That is why I disabled the add-on (which did the same thing), because it might be conflicting.

Dakis

Some users that want to register on my site are getting this message as well, I've checked I have no outdated templates, what else can I check? I can't reproduce the error myself.

Core Freedom

After we upgraded recently a couple of my users had trouble registering again. Andrej was able to fix it right away. I'm sure he can help.