1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.3 User Banner

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by tommydamic68, May 18, 2014.

1. tommydamic68

tommydamic68 Well-Known Member

I feature of a member monthly. Is there any way to easily give them a banner without creating another user group? I would give them the banner to show off on their post bit area for a month and remove it after the month is finished.

2. borbole

borbole Well-Known Member

Can you give us a few more detailed? Like what mod or the way that you are using to feature the user?

I am using something like that in my Featured Users mod here:

http://xenforo.com/community/resources/featured-user-of-the-day-week-month-indefinite.3112/
    featured.png

3. tommydamic68

Thanks for reply
    Thanks for replying, no mod, I just do a "featured" thread, I do monthly with the members cat (cat site) being featured, been doing it for years, and recently have it as a "featured thread" with brogans add on. I don't use ribbons on any users but Admin and mods. So I just want to give that one user an ribbon for a month, it seems I need to create a user group perhaps?

4. borbole

You will need some sort of mod for that.

5. tommydamic68

So, your add on doesn't do as I asked? After reading it - it appears it does. Feature a member for a period of time and it adds a banner the the members post bit , is that correct?

6. borbole

Yes, that is correct.

7. tommydamic68

So, just to be clear:

1. I can - choose a member for FU
    2. I can give them the title for a set time, 1 month period
    3. When marking that member as the FU it then gives them a banner automatically
    4. In one month the title, FU- or ribbon no longer appears automatically

Can I choose my own banner title easily? And the color?

Thanks,

8. borbole

1) Yes, you can feature any user.

2) Yes, you can feature them for a certain period of time (hours, days, weeks, months, indefinitely).

3) Yes, the Featured User Banner will be showing in postbits for the featured duration. When the featured duration expires then the Featured User banner will not be shown in postbits.

You can change/customize the featured user ribbon to your likings. Note that custom changes are not supported though.

9. tommydamic68

Thanks, just colors of the banner really, if that is considered custom, then ok.

10. borbole

You can change that with ease to suit your needs.