1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

User Badges

Discussion in 'Styling and Customization Questions' started by George Talbot, Jan 16, 2012.

1. George Talbot

George Talbot New Member

Hi all, I am fairly new to XenForo so I dont know that much. I have been looking around for a description how to add some badges (Image with a description next to it) to go below the users avatar when posting and on their profile.

For example, I need to make a donator Icon with an Image of Money and I also need to create a License Badge.

Can anyone point me in the right direction to a tutorial or give some advice?

Any responses would be much appreciated. Apologies if this thread already exists, I just havent found it.

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

3. steven s

steven s Well-Known Member

4. George Talbot

George Talbot New Member

Hmmm not sure if this is what I am looking for, I dont want to have multiple ranks, I just want registered members to be able to have extra badges applied to them if they donate or if they get a license.

5. ArnyVee

ArnyVee Well-Known Member

So, if they donate or get a license, you can add them to a new usergroup and that usergroup can have the markup and/or image next to their username added.

6. Digital Doctor

Digital Doctor Well-Known Member

Seems like Xenforo, maybe all forum software, relies to heavily on UserGroups ?
    Groups are best for Permissions.
    There shouldn't be a need for "Has Badge", "Has Purple Badge", "Allowed Animated Avatar" groups.

eriche likes this.
  7. George Talbot

George Talbot New Member

I will see what I can do, I will report back later to tell you how it went :)

Once again, thanks for your help guys.