Add-on Automatic (time series) Banners/Badges ?

cwe

I have an idea and maybe it already exists, but I didn't see it with a very quick search. I would like to have a badge system that manages time series badges.

The system should allow admins to create a time series badge like "paid supporter - 1 year period - Jan 1 through Jan 30" . This would cause the system to generate a badge every year in January and award it to any member that pays for an upgrade between Jan 1 and Jan 30. The badge could have a default image/icon, but the description should indicate the year (time period) it represents. In postbits or such, only the most recent badge in a given series should be displayed, but on a member's profile page, all badges earned over time should be listed.

This could be used as described above, to recognize members that have been paid supporters for a long time. It could also be used to recognize members that achieve activity milestones every month/year, etc.

We do that with the current built in system, not by calendar year but for a year from the date they donated. When they do an UPGRADE, I configured it to assign them to a special ACTIVE SPONSOR group that has a special banner assigned. It then puts this banner on all of their posts and in their profile. It emails before it is about to expire, and automatically removes (the group and banner) it when it expires.

I have the active donor group do some other things, too. Longer time to edit posts(48 hrs vs 1 hr), longer tagline, ability to change custom title on their posts, the donor banner on their posts. It also triggers some special banners rotated in with the vendor sponsors, thanking them for donating, that only they see. (via siropu ads manager 2)

I have the same setup, but that only highlights folks who are current with an upgrade package. It doesn't show a history of support. My forum has been around for ~20 years now. It would be nice to highlight members that have been long time supporters.

I have the same setup, but that only highlights folks who are current with an upgrade package. It doesn't show a history of support. My forum has been around for ~20 years now. It would be nice to highlight members that have been long time supporters.
My oldest forum is from 1997, old like yours :) We recognize the most recent sponsors (expired or active) with a widget from XF2 (Andy) called "Latest Upgrades"

Top Bottom