User Approval

emmy

Hi,

Do you have a way to reset/set the admin's approval for newly registered members to enable them start posting thread on the site. Maybe give the system time after registration before starting a new thread. Do i have to go in each time there is a new user registration to approve before he/she can post a new thread? Please can someone advise me?

Thank you

Last edited:
Hi,

Do you have a way to reset/set the admin's approval for newly registered members to enable them start posting thread on the site. Maybe give the system time after registration before starting a new thread. Do i have to go in each time there is a new user registration to approve before he/she can post a new thread? Please can someone advise me?

Thank you
You could try going into admin > Options > User Registration > enable user approval and press save

You could try going into admin > Options > User Registration > enable user approval and press save

Thanks Can - I did that already but i had to go inside admin section to approve user's registration before they can start a new thread - I am looking for a way to allow them to be able to start new thread - let's say some days/hours after registration

Unfortunately I can't really tell what you're asking...

I am looking for a way to allow newly registered user on my site to be able to start new thread - let's say some days/hours after registration. Do i have to manually go inside the admin to approve registration before they can start posting? I don't know how the system is designed to act

Why don't you have ACP > Options > User Registration > Enable Email Confirmation set instead of Enable Manual Approval?

This way, users will be registered without you having to authorise each one. You can then set your Registered Group to moderate all posts for, say, the first 5 posts. Users can then post straight away but with the threads/posts not being visible until they have been approved by a moderator (or deleted if they turn out to be a spammer). Then as suggested by Brogan, you can then use the User Group Promotions system to automatically promote them once they have made 5 posts that have been approved, and the group they are promoted to isn't moderated so they can post freely.

Why don't you have ACP > Options > User Registration > Enable Email Confirmation set instead of Enable Manual Approval?

This way, users will be registered without you having to authorise each one. You can then set your Registered Group to moderate all posts for, say, the first 5 posts. Users can then post straight away but with the threads/posts not being visible until they have been approved by a moderator (or deleted if they turn out to be a spammer). Then as suggested by Brogan, you can then use the User Group Promotions system to automatically promote them once they have made 5 posts that have been approved, and the group they are promoted to isn't moderated so they can post freely.

Thanks - Here is my question - how long does a new registrar has to wait before he/she can post? How is the script set up

Maybe if i know i will see if i will leave it that way?

Thanks - Here is my question - how long does a new registrar has to wait before he/she can post? How is the script set up

Maybe if i know i will see if i will leave it that way?
That depends on how you set up your group permissions and any usergroup promotions. They could post straight away (with or without moderation) or they could wait a period of time before they can post, based on usergroup promotions as Brogan suggested.

Top Bottom