1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

As Designed user-access restriction / different behaviour for Member-Card

Discussion in 'Resolved Bug Reports' started by erich37, Feb 27, 2011.

1. erich37

erich37 Well-Known Member

not sure if this is intended design, but I just want to report it:

I have set the member-profiles to be only visible by "Registered Members".

So there are 2 different behaviours when clicking on user-profiles at this page:

1) when clicking on a member-profile (avatar) in the members-list, then it does not open the Member-Card, but forwards directly to the Error-page which says "Login required".

2) when clicking on a member-profile (avatar) at the box in the Sidebar named "Highest-Posting Members", then it does indeed open the Member-Card. When clicking onto the Member-Card then it forwards to the Error-page which says "Login required".

So in one case the Member-Card is being opened up, in the other case the Member-Card does not open up.

Why the difference ?

Personaly I would prefer the Member-Card opening up and then forwarding to the Error-page.
    Vincent likes this.
  2. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

We don't show the member card on the member list because most of the information from the card is already shown there. Given that you're on a list of users, the logical path is straight to the member page.

This could be changed with a template modification.