Add-on Use thread title as Attached image Alt text

OakleyForum

XF has great SEO, but kind of ignores images. For many forums this can be 100,000's of images, which can drive traffic. I am looking for a Mod that will automatically use the threads title for attached images in the thread.

In addition an added bonus would be the ability to change attached image titles manually - for SEO reasons, though I think this may be difficult.

Thanks!

Difficult but possible :) We can easily fulfill your described requirements. Start chat with us if you are still interested.

This seems pretty easy to do for someone who knows what he is doing. For the first thing, you can just modify the attached_file template and add the title in there.

This seems pretty easy to do for someone who knows what he is doing. For the first thing, you can just modify the attached_file template and add the title in there.
Yeah! Its seem simple to do. You can do that instead of hire an dev ;)

Edit the attached_files template and replace the existing alt code with alt="{$thread.title}".

I'm bumping this thread because it seems the only relevant to my question:
1. Can this be done with Proxy images too, I end up with Alt tags that mean nothing like "alt="[​IMG]""?

2. And how could I replace the "title" tag that says "click on this image..." with the actual thread title too?

Thanks

I'm bumping this thread because it seems the only relevant to my question:
1. Can this be done with Proxy images too, I end up with Alt tags that mean nothing like "alt="[​IMG]""?

2. And how could I replace the "title" tag that says "click on this image..." with the actual thread title too?

Thanks
So you have 10 attachments with same ALT?

Exactly, all my images using proxy feature have this alt="[​IMG]" thing that makes no sense. I'd like to fix it :)
I can have 10, 20 or any number of images in a post, all have the exact same alt="[​IMG]",

Exactly, all my images using proxy feature have this alt="[​IMG]" thing that makes no sense. I'd like to fix it :)
I can have 10, 20 or any number of images in a post, all have the exact same alt="[​IMG]",
Oh easy. I have made an addon for that but i think it is not really good :|

Would it be possible to alter this in some way? Per image basis?
Otherwise, it's not good for SEO but Alt tags like mine are not good either. :)

XF has great SEO, but kind of ignores images. For many forums this can be 100,000's of images, which can drive traffic. I am looking for a Mod that will automatically use the threads title for attached images in the thread.

In addition an added bonus would be the ability to change attached image titles manually - for SEO reasons, though I think this may be difficult.

Thanks!

I am using this Addon and it works like a charm...

https://xenforo.com/community/resources/seo-attachment-name.4786/

:)

Top Bottom