• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Add-on Use thread title as Attached image Alt text

XF has great SEO, but kind of ignores images. For many forums this can be 100,000's of images, which can drive traffic. I am looking for a Mod that will automatically use the threads title for attached images in the thread.

In addition an added bonus would be the ability to change attached image titles manually - for SEO reasons, though I think this may be difficult.

Thanks!

Aayush

This seems pretty easy to do for someone who knows what he is doing. For the first thing, you can just modify the attached_file template and add the title in there.

I'm bumping this thread because it seems the only relevant to my question:
1. Can this be done with Proxy images too, I end up with Alt tags that mean nothing like "alt="[​IMG]""?

2. And how could I replace the "title" tag that says "click on this image..." with the actual thread title too?

Thanks

truonglv

Formerly Nobita.Kun
I'm bumping this thread because it seems the only relevant to my question:
1. Can this be done with Proxy images too, I end up with Alt tags that mean nothing like "alt="[​IMG]""?

2. And how could I replace the "title" tag that says "click on this image..." with the actual thread title too?

Thanks
So you have 10 attachments with same ALT?

Exactly, all my images using proxy feature have this alt="[​IMG]" thing that makes no sense. I'd like to fix it :)
I can have 10, 20 or any number of images in a post, all have the exact same alt="[​IMG]",

truonglv

Formerly Nobita.Kun
Exactly, all my images using proxy feature have this alt="[​IMG]" thing that makes no sense. I'd like to fix it :)
I can have 10, 20 or any number of images in a post, all have the exact same alt="[​IMG]",
Oh easy. I have made an addon for that but i think it is not really good :|

erich37

XF has great SEO, but kind of ignores images. For many forums this can be 100,000's of images, which can drive traffic. I am looking for a Mod that will automatically use the threads title for attached images in the thread.

In addition an added bonus would be the ability to change attached image titles manually - for SEO reasons, though I think this may be difficult.

Thanks!
I am using this Addon and it works like a charm...

https://xenforo.com/community/resources/seo-attachment-name.4786/

:)