1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Add-on Use thread title as Attached image Alt text

Discussion in 'Resource and Add-on Requests' started by OakleyForum, Nov 22, 2014.

1. OakleyForum

OakleyForum Active Member

XF has great SEO, but kind of ignores images. For many forums this can be 100,000's of images, which can drive traffic. I am looking for a Mod that will automatically use the threads title for attached images in the thread.

In addition an added bonus would be the ability to change attached image titles manually - for SEO reasons, though I think this may be difficult.

2. ForumCube

ForumCube Active Member

Difficult but possible :) We can easily fulfill your described requirements. Start chat with us if you are still interested.
  3. Aayush

Aayush Well-Known Member

This seems pretty easy to do for someone who knows what he is doing. For the first thing, you can just modify the attached_file template and add the title in there.
    tajhay likes this.
  4. Nobita.Kun

Nobita.Kun Well-Known Member

Yeah! Its seem simple to do. You can do that instead of hire an dev ;)
    tajhay likes this.
  5. tajhay

tajhay Well-Known Member

send me the template code changes to do this ;)
  6. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Edit the attached_files template and replace the existing alt code with alt="{$thread.title}".
    Aayush likes this.
  7. clubpromos

clubpromos Active Member

I'm bumping this thread because it seems the only relevant to my question:
    1. Can this be done with Proxy images too, I end up with Alt tags that mean nothing like "alt="[​IMG]""?

2. And how could I replace the "title" tag that says "click on this image..." with the actual thread title too?

8. Nobita.Kun

So you have 10 attachments with same ALT?
  9. clubpromos

clubpromos Active Member

Exactly, all my images using proxy feature have this alt="[​IMG]" thing that makes no sense. I'd like to fix it :)
    I can have 10, 20 or any number of images in a post, all have the exact same alt="[​IMG]",
  10. Nobita.Kun

Oh easy. I have made an addon for that but i think it is not really good :|
  11. clubpromos

clubpromos Active Member

I'd love to use your addon but as you said it's not good, would you mind explaning how easy? :)
  12. Nobita.Kun

Because you have around 20 attachments with same ALT. I dont think it is good for SEO.
  13. clubpromos

clubpromos Active Member

Would it be possible to alter this in some way? Per image basis?
    Otherwise, it's not good for SEO but Alt tags like mine are not good either. :)
  14. erich37

erich37 Well-Known Member

I am using this Addon and it works like a charm...

au lait and OakleyForum like this.