Use IPGallery for Xenforo Forum?

BGL

Would it be possible to use the IPBoard/IPGallery as a gallery for a XenForo forum?

IP says I need IPBoard to run IPGallery so if I purchased a hosted IPSuite that included IPBoard and IPGallery can I use that for my user album/gallery for a XenForo forum?

Here's a thread you might be interested in...

http://adminextra.com/threads/ipb-4-0-your-thoughts.5866

Short version is that starting with the 4.0 release of the IPS products that each of them will able to be used as a stand-alone product not requiring IP.Board anymore, just a common IP framework. If there is no viable XF gallery by the time the IP 4.0 release happens I suspect that some people will look into the possibility of a bridge.

Here's a thread you might be interested in...Short version is that starting with the 4.0 release of the IPS products that each of them will able to be used as a stand-alone product not requiring IP.Board anymore, just a common IP framework. If there is no viable XF gallery by the time the IP 4.0 release happens I suspect that some people will look into the possibility of a bridge.

The IP web site says you do need IPBoard to run IPGallery. That's OK. I'd get a hosted solution at $10 a month that includes IPBoard and IPGallery.

As long as I could make it seamless to the forum members.

The IP web site says you do need IPBoard to run IPGallery. That's OK. I'd get a hosted solution at $10 a month that includes IPBoard and IPGallery.

As long as I could make it seamless to the forum members.

Yes for the current version you do. The next version will not require it.

Yes, for the current version. That is why I linked to that thread that included information from an IPS staff member giving information about the upcoming 4.0 version

I read this part of it
We have STARTED work on IP.Board 3.4. Then we will START work on IPS Community Suite 4.0!

That "start" is after they release 3.4 so a ways out. Right now though one could get IPBoard/IPGallery for $10 a month. The real question though is can the IPGallery be integrated into a XenForo forum so as to appear seamless to the members?

I read this part of it

That "start" is after they release 3.4 so a ways out. Right now though one could get IPBoard/IPGallery for $10 a month. The real question though is can the IPGallery be integrated into a XenForo forum so as to appear seamless to the members?
The "real" answer is that anything is possible but to date nobody has created such a bridge. There is a limited audience for such a bridge but if you work with a custom coder you should be able to find some type of solution. You won't, however, find an already available implementation nor a quick & easy one.

PP Pro is not something that is currently tied to a different forum platform. PP Pro already integrates with several forums or it can be used as a stand-alone product (though not used that way very often). Being able to integrate with multiple forums is one of the main selling points of PP Pro and remains a popular choice in the vB community. IP.Gallery, on the other hand, is currently tied to IP.Board. A bridge to IP.Board running IP.Gallery is not something that many people are currently after as opposed to a bridge to a dedicated gallery app' like PP Pro.

The problem is simply, you won't be able to buy just IP.Gallery. You will have to buy the Core + Gallery. Core will be approx. 100$ and Gallery is 65$(?) atm. Not really a cheap option.

Currently IP.Board contains three applications. System, Members and Board. In future Core will only contain System and Members. So you will still need the Core to run a simple gallery with their new system.

The problem is simply, you won't be able to buy just IP.Gallery. You will have to buy the Core + Gallery. Core will be approx. 100$ and Gallery is 65$(?) atm. Not really a cheap option. Currently IP.Board contains three applications. System, Members and Board. In future Core will only contain System and Members. So you will still need the Core to run a simple gallery with their new system.

I'd consider that a very cheap option. The $120 a year for a hosted IPGallery even cheaper.

The real question is what would be involved in using the IPGallery as a Gallery for a XenForo forum.

I'd consider that a very cheap option. The $120 a year for a hosted IPGallery even cheaper.

The real question is what would be involved in using the IPGallery as a Gallery for a XenForo forum.
You can't use xenforo on the IPS hosted package though so really that's not an option for you.

You just merge the two member databases using IP.Converge.

Top Bottom