use default IMG bb code instead of gallery

hpidriver

In the message editor, when a user embeds a picture from the Media Gallery it automatically uses the gallery bb code. If I want the img bb code used instead how would I accomplish this?

I would really like to see that this is possible to use the IMG instead of GALLERY. I changed it now to 'Media Only' and I changed it too to 100% Width in Extra.CSS (like IMG also would be), but it is still a bit different (clickable, white border around the images and so on.

I noticed another problem @Chris D with the GALLERY BB Code.... All our Tapatalk users are complaining they don't see the photo's. Tapatalk doesn't support the custom BB-code.

I could say. bye bye Tapatalk, but we have 600+ members that are using Tapatalk.

So I think it would be very sensible to make an option to insert the IMG code instead of GALLERY.

Please help.

There's no immediate plans for this, though I'm not saying it won't ever change. There's certainly nothing we can do right now about it.

You could disable the custom bb code so it can't be used, but then images would need to be shared differently; such as by copying the share links for each media item.

Sorry to hear this, but I understand.

However I do not understand why you guys didn't think of this option in the first place. Custom BB code only for inserting from your Media just doesn't work well.

Sorry to hear this, but I understand.

However I do not understand why you guys didn't think of this option in the first place. Custom BB code only for inserting from your Media just doesn't work well.
It does work very well, it just doesn't work well on Tapatalk which doesn't even support basic formatting in posts, let alone custom BB Code. Responsive design on the other hand supports everything and is very usable. :)

Top Bottom