Lack of interest URLs Not Parsed in Feeds Importer

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

Kevin

To clarify that title a bit.... :LOL:

I have a few Registered Feeds to pull in some RSS feeds. That part is working fine. To give proper credit with some of the feeds the content is being wrapped inside of quote tags.

[quote]{content}[/quote]​

The problem I'm having is that if the content includes a URL then that URL is not being parsed into a clickable link. Links that are in the content that are in anchor tags are being properly converted to URL BB Code tags but not plain URLs. If I edit the new post that was created, change nothing, save it, then the URL is getting parsed as expected.

Any work around to save me from having to edit each post that is imported from a feed? :coffee:

Upvote 2
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
The RSS feed importer doesn't try to turn any URLs into links - it simply accepts the HTML as is and converts it to BB code, so the quote tag wouldn't really change anything here.

I'll move this to suggestions though.

The RSS feed importer doesn't try to turn any URLs into links - it simply accepts the HTML as is and converts it to BB code, so the quote tag wouldn't really change anything here.

I'll move this to suggestions though.
Mike, thanks for clarifying. :)

Your explanation also explains then why trying to import some feeds with media links (eg: links to YouTube videos) that they don't get converted to embed tags. One more thing I can scratch off my "HHHHmm..... I wonder why...." list. :D

Mike, thanks for clarifying. :)

Your explanation also explains then why trying to import some feeds with media links (eg: links to YouTube videos) that they don't get converted to embed tags. One more thing I can scratch off my "HHHHmm..... I wonder why...." list. :D

I just noticed that It is fairly easy to "fix" this.

Go to library/XenForo/Model/Feed.php
Find $postWriter = $writer->getFirstMessageDw();
Make some room and then put this line there
PHP:
        $entryData['message'] = XenForo_Helper_String::autoLinkBbCode($entryData['message']);

It fixes the links, media links and some other stuff.

However I do not know what you can break with this but it works for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
^ So, just to confirm fronix, does your edit allow YouTube video be posted in threads created by a registered feed?

If so you do you have this working on a site I can take a peek at per chance?

I've made the modification, but I'm not sure if it's working or not.

The type of feed I'm importing is a YouTube channel feed, currently when it imports it looks like:

Thumbnail image of the video

The video title

Video description

From

Views

Picture of star ratings

Time

Because YouTube doesn't make it easy to find a link to a feed I take the url for the channel page, enter it into Google Reader, select the subscription. Then go to Feed Settings -> View Details & Statistics to get the link, which I then paste into the feeder as a registered feed.

I'm trying to get it so that the image of the video is actually the video itself embedded into the post. Any ideas of that's possible?

I've made the modification, but I'm not sure if it's working or not.

The type of feed I'm importing is a YouTube channel feed, currently when it imports it looks like:

Thumbnail image of the video

The video title

Video description

From

Views

Picture of star ratings

Time

Because YouTube doesn't make it easy to find a link to a feed I take the url for the channel page, enter it into Google Reader, select the subscription. Then go to Feed Settings -> View Details & Statistics to get the link, which I then paste into the feeder as a registered feed.

I'm trying to get it so that the image of the video is actually the video itself embedded into the post. Any ideas of that's possible?

Try using this link instead:

http://gdata.youtube.com/feeds/api/users/NAMEOFYOUTUBER/uploads

Hmm.. unfortunately not.

Using the same default feed settings it displays even less info, just a single sentence from the video description.

Feed settings:

{content}

Continue reading...

Top Bottom