Fixed URL Unfurling Question

rfc0001

What is the little red x icon next to the URL mean? Usually this means something bad, like an error, so confused what it means in this context. Hesitate to call it a bug, it is certainly is sub-optimal:

I'm guessing the favicon was missing or errored. Why not just leave it off in that case? Showing a red "x" is ugly/confusing.

Yeah I don’t totally disagree and it is something I have in my mind that should be improved.

Not certain how feasible it is, but let me move it to bugs to formalise it as an action to look into.

Last edited:
Doesn't changing that implies having a custom proxy that does not produce an error image if the upstream is failing?

I was wonderig as I am not yet on 2.1: what is the behavior when not using XF proxy?

Thank you for reporting this issue. It has now been resolved and we are aiming to include it in a future XF release (2.1.1).

Change log:
Allow detection of failed unfurl image loads even when the image proxy is enabled.
Any changes made as a result of this issue being resolved may not be rolled out here until later.

Top Bottom