XF 2.1 Urgent Serious Errors For New Members

trapped_soul

Hello,
I have an urgent error for new members, after joining they receive the error;
Oops! We ran into some problems.
You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action.

The console shows this after I logged into a members account;

Code:
has-js template-error has-no-touchevents has-passiveeventlisteners has-no-hiddenscroll focus-mobile-navigation-bar focus-sidebar-sticky
I'm unable to open a ticket as my licences ran out last week and I can't renew until January.

Hope someone can help as whatever this is, has made a very notable change onsite recently. I knew there was an issue, but couldn't work out what.
Many thanks in advance.

There isn't really enough information here to advise but I can tell you that permission errors will generally be an issue with permissions, and I don't believe there's any reason why that string should appear in the console.

Otherwise there could be an issue with the style or an add-on which we obviously wouldn't be able to provide much support for anyway.

There isn't really enough information here to advise but I can tell you that permission errors will generally be an issue with permissions, and I don't believe there's any reason why that string should appear in the console.

Otherwise there could be an issue with the style or an add-on which we obviously wouldn't be able to provide much support for anyway.
Hi Chris,
Indeed I assumed permissions too but can't think what would trigger this. When analysing, everything comes back clear.
It's only for newbies which I can't work out. Have been seeing the warning (error triangle message) for some time but couldn't work anything out.
So, have disabled all add-ons and still have it. Moved styles around and still have it, not to say it's not, but weird why only new members - who have been joining and going idle non stop for ages, well of course I know now there's a serious issue.

Actually, only when logged in.

Last edited:
So I can view the site fine until I register & login, after email confirmation it's game over.
Got to be permissions hasn't it?

When I do the following on a brand new user > permissions, set all no, save, it works fine.

Okay kudos to @MattW I can confirm it was indeed an add-on, what I didn't do was test it after disabling.
It also goes back to a very old thread here;

The OP there, basically sums up what was happening through an add-on we had ported for us. So it's an unexpected bug.

Top Bottom