XF 2.1 Default avatar for new members

Ludachris

I have an image set in the "Default avatar image URL" field in the Avatars settings. I have Default Avatar Type set to Image. Should that mean that any new member who registers gets that image as an avatar until they change it to something else? Because it's not working that way.

Make sure that you have also disabled User Options > Enable dynamic default avatars. Once that is done along with what you have done already (and assuming your image path is correct and accessible) it will immediately give your specified default avatar to everyone who hasn't set an avatar.

Make sure that you have also disabled User Options > Enable dynamic default avatars. Once that is done along with what you have done already (and assuming your image path is correct and accessible) it will immediately give your specified default avatar to everyone who hasn't set an avatar.
Enable dynamic default avatars was already unchecked. Image path is correct - but it's not in one of the XF styles directories, it's in a /img/ directory. Would that matter?

Enable dynamic default avatars was already unchecked. Image path is correct - but it's not in one of the XF styles directories, it's in a /img/ directory. Would that matter?
No, I tested with an image in a non-XF directory.

Have you checked you can access the image URL in your browser?
Double check you have put the image URL in the style properties for the style(s) you are using.

Also you'll need to test in a completely unedited default style with add-ons disabled if the issue persists.

No, I tested with an image in a non-XF directory.

Have you checked you can access the image URL in your browser?
Double check you have put the image URL in the style properties for the style(s) you are using.

Also you'll need to test in a completely unedited default style with add-ons disabled if the issue persists.
I did check that I can access the image URL in the browser. It does work with the default style. I'll check with theme developer.

Top Bottom