1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Urgent issues of payment

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by Frank J, Feb 13, 2014.

1. Frank J

Frank J New Member

I am trying to buy a license now, after a week's research, just to find out that the payment method is limited to using only Paypal. While it says that I can use Mastercard or Visa card, there are no buttons popping out. I am in urgent need of setting the forum up, but I don't normally keep that much money in paypal.

Seriously, what should I do? How do I pay with my mastercard?

Thanks!

2. oman

oman Well-Known Member

Your best bet would be to contact XenForo via this form - http://xenforo.com/contact/ to arrange an alternate payment solution.

With Paypal, you can use a credit card without a Paypal account, but some countries have restrictions.

Divvens likes this.
  3. Divvens

Divvens Well-Known Member

Usually, you can pay directly with Mastercard even without having a paypal account. However, you can contact XenForo (http://xenforo.com/contact/) and they'll help you out with the payment process.

Edit: Ninja'd by @oman

4. oman

oman Well-Known Member

If you want to check if you are able to pay with a credit card (Mastercard in your case) click this option after your check out:

ppaccount.png

5. Frank J

Frank J New Member

I checked with my Australian debit card and European card and it didn't work out, and just happens that one of my friends who has something else just might work, will see how it ends up!

6. wedgar

wedgar Well-Known Member

Some card issuers will not permit transactions through PayPal. An issuer of Mastercard that I have will not permit purchases through PayPal. I ran into that when I went to purchase XenForo and the Resource Manager. I had to use another card through PayPal.

7. Frank J

Frank J New Member

Thanks for your post Wedgar! I have solved the problem. One of my friends has helped me pay it. I guess I will wait until money is transferred in my Paypal again before I make any purchases.

8. wedgar

wedgar Well-Known Member

You're welcome. Glad you were able to work around it.

You'll enjoy your xF system.

Frank J likes this.
  9. vishall

vishall Active Member

Here in my country when we checkout via PC we doesn't have the option via Credit or Debit card but when we use any iPhone or iPad using safari we get the Credit or Debit card option.

10. whynot

whynot Well-Known Member

Hopefully the license is not on his name.

11. Frank J

Frank J New Member

It should be on my name I think. It's my account afterall..

12. whynot

whynot Well-Known Member

Usually, for security reasons, the name on the card and the name of the license holder supposed to be the same.