Urgent help please!!

Disciple of Nagash

Hi,

I am looking for some technical help regarding my VPS. Story in a summary:

Ran out of space when testing Xen Foro.
Because of poor response previously I decided to look for another host.
During their migration checks my site & VPS became unresponsive. In the ticket I raised the host said I had run out of space, would need to delete backups and asked why I was creating them - I think they realised perhaps I was looking at moving.
They said they had fixed it, but it is still unresponsive. They are also not responding to my ticket and complaint.

My problem is that I do not have the technical skills to fix on my own, it's the reason I purchased a managed service. I do have an emergency login via Solus, where the serial console appears to be working. But I have no idea what to do in there?

I would really appreciate any help.

Cheers DoN

Hi,

I am looking for some technical help regarding my VPS. Story in a summary:

Ran out of space when testing Xen Foro.
Because of poor response previously I decided to look for another host.
During their migration checks my site & VPS became unresponsive. In the ticket I raised the host said I had run out of space, would need to delete backups and asked why I was creating them - I think they realised perhaps I was looking at moving.
They said they had fixed it, but it is still unresponsive. They are also not responding to my ticket and complaint.

My problem is that I do not have the technical skills to fix on my own, it's the reason I purchased a managed service. I do have an emergency login via Solus, where the serial console appears to be working. But I have no idea what to do in there?

I would really appreciate any help.

Cheers DoN
Do you have SSH access? Is this a VPS (I'm assuming so since you mentioned Solus). If so, SSH into your site, dump your current DB to a SQL file, archive your current site up (the root and all folders/files beneath it) and then use FTP (if it is enabled) or SFTP to transfer those to your computer. If the DB is good then it should be a simple matter of (on the new VPS/Dedicated server) importing the SQL file into a DB, extract your forum structure to the base website location and a little configuration from there and you will be good to go.

Hi @Tracy Perry ,

Thanks for the reply. The problem I have is that I don't have the technical knowledge to do what you suggest - it was the reason I got a fully managed service. I think in the future I am going to have to learn more, but in the meantime I am a little stuck. I know how to use FTP, import a database, sort out the file structure etc. I just don't know how to SSH?

Hi @Tracy Perry ,

Thanks for the reply. The problem I have is that I don't have the technical knowledge to do what you suggest - it was the reason I got a fully managed service. I think in the future I am going to have to learn more, but in the meantime I am a little stuck. I know how to use FTP, import a database, sort out the file structure etc. I just don't know how to SSH?
SSH is just terminal access to a site. If you have a windows based system you can use puTTY (it's free) or if you have a Mac or Linux box terminal is free with it. It's basically like being at a DOS command prompt but the commands are a different. I would offer to help, but right now I have so much going on that I'm just about overloaded.

Top Bottom