Uploading image to xenforo media gallery watches entire category?

sross

Hi,

Can someone advise how to disable this? I have a mass of users complaining about it. With a busy site and gallery you can't have a single image upload subscribe a user to an entire category, they are getting hammered with notices. An image upload should auto-watch that image, but the entire category? really? Maybe I am missing a setting.

Thanks

This is a user option in Preferences:

Automatically watch categories that you add media to...
  • and receive email notifications

I believe the user must set this as I can't find an option to set it by default for new users on registration.

Users can untick the option in their Preferences. This will prevent watching/emails for any new categories they upload to.

To unwatch/stop emails from existing watched categories they can go to

yoursite.com /watched/categories

and from there disable email alerts for watched categories or stop watching categories altogether.

This is a user option in Preferences:

Automatically watch categories that you add media to...
  • and receive email notifications

I believe the user must set this as I can't find an option to set it by default for new users on registration.

Users can untick the option in their Preferences. This will prevent watching/emails for any new categories they upload to.

To unwatch/stop emails from existing watched categories they can go to

yoursite.com /watched/categories

and from there disable email alerts for watched categories or stop watching categories altogether.
Thanks! :)

That being said I uploaded a test image here and it auto-subscribed me to the category. This was by default.

Top Bottom