1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Uploading image to xenforo media gallery watches entire category?

Discussion in 'Media Gallery Support' started by sross, Mar 13, 2016.

1. sross

sross Active Member

Can someone advise how to disable this? I have a mass of users complaining about it. With a busy site and gallery you can't have a single image upload subscribe a user to an entire category, they are getting hammered with notices. An image upload should auto-watch that image, but the entire category? really? Maybe I am missing a setting.

2. Martok

Martok Well-Known Member

This is a user option in Preferences:

Automatically watch categories that you add media to...
    • and receive email notifications

I believe the user must set this as I can't find an option to set it by default for new users on registration.

Users can untick the option in their Preferences. This will prevent watching/emails for any new categories they upload to.

To unwatch/stop emails from existing watched categories they can go to

yoursite.com /watched/categories

and from there disable email alerts for watched categories or stop watching categories altogether.
    sross likes this.
  3. sross

sross Active Member

Thanks! :)

That being said I uploaded a test image here and it auto-subscribed me to the category. This was by default.
  4. Martok

Martok Well-Known Member

It's not set in my Preferences. If you don't think you set it in yours, it, might be worth checking with @Chris D if it's a default or not.
  5. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Out of the box it will be checked automatically in preferences.

This is a vanilla install: