XF 2.2 Uploading an old backup

Hey everyone,

So I had spent hundreds of hours creating a Xenforo forum page and really liked it for the forums, but however, WP was a better solution for the overall project. Over the past 6 months of using it, I've realized NOTHING beats XF when it comes to the forum space and am going to split the site into a WP (for the social media) and XF (for the forums) I still have my old backup from before I deleted the XF page and am curious how I would go about manually putting all my old XF backup into my fresh XF install.

Due to the fact that I have the WP and another site on my server now, I don't think I'm able to just use the backup wizard to re-upload this backup through CPanel as I'm fairly certain that will remove my 2 other websites.

I tried manually zipping/unzipping them into the folder locations on my server and duplicated everything but ended up with a ton of template / misc errors to the point that my admin CP became wonky.

I've gone ahead and deleted that and reinstalled a fresh installation of XF but pretty clueless about how to go about things from here..... Any tips or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Upload the files to the server, restore the database.

If necessary, rebuild the master data at /install but that shouldn't be necessary if a full viable backup has been restored.

Upload the files to the server, restore the database.

If necessary, rebuild the master data at /install but that shouldn't be necessary if a full viable backup has been restored.
Thanks so much for the reply Brogan.
When you say "Restore the database", you're talking about the MySQL Repair Database option, correct?

Seems I was halfway on the right track but failed to do any repairing after I uploaded everything.

When you say "Restore the database", you're talking about the MySQL Repair Database option, correct?
No, you have to import the database that you have the backup of.

If it's a small database you can use phpMyAdmin, if it's a large database you can use a shell session and the mysql command.

Top Bottom