XF 2.2 Uploading an add-on. Where is the XenForo directory?

PatriotGB

I've searched around, but I'm still not sure. I'm still a relative XenForo noob.

I want to install an add-on I found here (NodeIcon). Where, exactly is the XenForo root directory?

Also, I believe there is an option to "replace existing files" when uploading files. Yes or No on that?

I'm looking at the cPanel File Manager:

1647101854374.webp

Thanks! This support forum has been outstanding!

I've searched around, but I'm still not sure. I'm still a relative XenForo noob.

I want to install an add-on I found here (NodeIcon). Where, exactly is the XenForo root directory?

Also, I believe there is an option to "replace existing files" when uploading files. Yes or No on that?

I'm looking at the cPanel File Manager:

View attachment 265846

Thanks! This support forum has been outstanding!
src - addons :)

Hmm.... that's empty right now. I added the Tapatalk add-on a while back. But, I don't remember which directory it went into. But, it's not in the SRC / Addons directory.

But, is that where I drop the files for NodeIcon? In SRC/Addons?
Nodelcon has 2 folders (js and src). Copy js folder to js folder on your server and copy src folder to src folder on your server. :)

Nodelcon has 2 folders (js and src). Copy js folder to js folder on your server and copy src folder to src folder on your server. :)

I appreciate the help, but that's not helping me. Sorry. Most add-ons have instructions (with other programs). But, I don't see any instructions with this.

Quick question and I hope you don't mind my asking, but why not just upload and install the add-on via the Admin CP? The tool does everything for you.

Because this:

1647117110515.webp

I don't know how to do that... or IF I want to do that (due to security issues). But, mostly because I don't know how to add a line to a php file.

I don't know how to do that... or IF I want to do that (due to security issues). But, mostly because I don't know how to add a line to a php file
Every xF addon is designed to be installed that way. The security issues would only exist if someone took control of your super admin account. I've not seen any reports of that ever happening.

Adding the line to the file is as simple as opening the file in your server, adding the line, then saving. It can be removed just as easily if you want to disable the tool after you've installed the add-on.

Top Bottom