Upload issues after restoring database

Through my own stupidity, I did something to cause the forum database to mess up. I reverted to an earlier backup and now users can't upload anything. In the flash and non-flash uploaders. It halts at 100%

Now, there were some attachments posted during the interim, could this have caused an issue?

Through my own stupidity, I did something to cause the forum database to mess up. I reverted to an earlier backup and now users can't upload anything. In the flash and non-flash uploaders. It halts at 100%

Now, there were some attachments posted during the interim, could this have caused an issue?

Attachments are stored in the file system with their own file hash, I can not see having more attachments stored in the file system than the DB knows about, interfering.

What version of XenForo is your database back-up based on? If it is not the same version you may have to run an upgrade as some templates may be out of date.

I can't imagine that any attachments uploaded prior to restoring the backup would have any effect, but you can always delete them from the /data and /internal_data directories, assuming you know which ones they are?

Does it work when you turn it back on?

The only few times I've heard of it not working are to do with server configuration, usually mod_security.

It doesn't work when the flash uploader is enabled.

Mode_security isn't enabled as far as I know.

I added the following to my htaccess and it doesn't seem to fix the issue.
<IfModule mod_security.c>
SecFilterEngine Off
SecFilterScanPOST Off
</IfModule>

I can't understand then why this was working previously but no longer after a database restore.
I've done tons of restores on my local and live installations and never had an issue.

I suppose you could always try uploading the files from the upgrade package again, to rule out any issues there.

Other than that, you could ask your host if they've changed anything on the server recently.

Top Bottom