Awaiting feedback Upload image fails randomly

Mr Lucky

Affected version
RC2
I am finding that sometimes image upload fails, and stalls with the upload meter just showing which just sticks there. I can post, but the image attachment is not there. In most cases I then edit, add the attachment and all is fine.

As I said, this is random, it happens may half the time but happens on two different test forums.

SafariScreenshot114.webp

Is this a large image (file size or dimensions)? Can you manage to reproduce this in our test forum?

Is this a large image (file size or dimensions)? Can you manage to reproduce this in our test forum?

No, nor can I reproduce it consistently on my test forums. Sometimes it's fine, sometimes not.

It happens with images that are mostly smallish screenshots, 50KB - 200KB

As mentioned, if I then edit the post and upload again, it usually works instantly.

This could be something client side if it legitimately gets stuck and there's no server error and it seems intermittent.

I'd recommend trying to look inside your browser console when/if the error happens again and report back if there's any errors hiding in there.

This could be something client side if it legitimately gets stuck and there's no server error and it seems intermittent.

I'd recommend trying to look inside your browser console when/if the error happens again and report back if there's any errors hiding in there.

Will do.

This has happened on two of my sites, but on different servers. I have also noticed it with one of the addon developer's site, can't remember which one now. I paid no attention at the time thinking it was just a common bug that would be fixed.

I will try to reproduce it and check browser console then.

Top Bottom