Fixed Upload button problems in FF

nrep

A user reported that clicking the "upload a file" button in flash upload mode caused problems in FF. It seems that the dialog box opens up behind the browser window, appearing as if clicking the button didn't work.

I can replicate this too using FF 31/32 in Windows 7.

I suspect this is a browser issue rather than an XF problem (as I don't know how XF could affect the upload dialog box position), but it doesn't occur using other flash based upload sites, so I thought a bug report may be warranted.

not works i repport this before day or two, deinstall flash and install again helps, but tomorrow problems are back

This generally works as expected for me, though it did happen once.

Unfortunately, I doubt there's really anything that we can realistically do to change this.

@Mike this seems to me like it is a general problem with Firefox + Windows + Flash. I tried a forum which is running IP.Board 3.? and had the same problem there.

Updating to the last SWFUpload JS file (version 2.5.0 Beta 3 - released in 2010) seems to fix this specific problem (ref). But it could be a good thing to find a flash alternative before XenForo 2.x, like this addon released & sponsored by Tinhte and coded by xfrocks.

I also have this problem...anyone know of a fix
Option 1:
Edit the file xenforo/js/swfupload/swfupload.min.js and add at the end this code.
Option 2:
Edit the file xenforo/js/swfupload/swfupload.min.js and replace its full content with this code (from SWFUpload 2.50 beta 3)
Option 3:
Install this addon. It will use a html5 library to upload files instead of a flash solution script. This is probably the best solution.

Option 1:
Edit the file xenforo/js/swfupload/swfupload.min.js and add at the end this code.
Option 2:
Edit the file xenforo/js/swfupload/swfupload.min.js and replace its full content with this code (from SWFUpload 2.50 beta 3)
Option 3:
Install this addon. It will use a html5 library to upload files instead of a flash solution script. This is probably the best solution.
Thanks Mate...installed Option 3 and it is working ok now...not sure what mobile devices will have any problems yet though

Top Bottom