1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fixed Upload button problems in FF

Discussion in 'Resolved Bug Reports' started by nrep, Sep 11, 2014.

1. nrep

nrep Well-Known Member

A user reported that clicking the "upload a file" button in flash upload mode caused problems in FF. It seems that the dialog box opens up behind the browser window, appearing as if clicking the button didn't work.

I can replicate this too using FF 31/32 in Windows 7.

I suspect this is a browser issue rather than an XF problem (as I don't know how XF could affect the upload dialog box position), but it doesn't occur using other flash based upload sites, so I thought a bug report may be warranted.

otto likes this.
  2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

I can confirm this.

otto likes this.
  3. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, I cannot confirm this. It's working as expected for me:

upload_2014-9-11_11-49-18.png

Windows 7, Mozilla Firefox 31.0.

4. bt012ss

bt012ss Well-Known Member

The same for me.

otto likes this.
  5. Lexy

Lexy Active Member

not works i repport this before day or two, deinstall flash and install again helps, but tomorrow problems are back

6. DaveM

DaveM Well-Known Member

Lol and I thought I was being blond as this started happerning with me as of a few days back

7. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

This generally works as expected for me, though it did happen once.

Unfortunately, I doubt there's really anything that we can realistically do to change this.

8. netrix

netrix Active Member

@Mike this seems to me like it is a general problem with Firefox + Windows + Flash. I tried a forum which is running IP.Board 3.? and had the same problem there.

9. oza2012

oza2012 Member

This problem has appeared after updating Adobe Flash !

10. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

Now I can confirm it.

11. oman

oman Well-Known Member

Confirmed on my end.

12. Shelley

Shelley Well-Known Member

Confirmed here Firefox 32.0.1 windows 7 64bit

13. Bionic Rooster

Bionic Rooster Well-Known Member

A member had this problem yesterday on FF 31, they upgraded to FF 32 and it's working fine now. Windows Vista

14. sonnb

sonnb Well-Known Member

Confirmed on Firefox 32.0.1, it seem related to Flash 15.0.0.152?

cclaerhout and Reborns like this.
  15. cclaerhout

cclaerhout Well-Known Member

Updating to the last SWFUpload JS file (version 2.5.0 Beta 3 - released in 2010) seems to fix this specific problem (ref). But it could be a good thing to find a flash alternative before XenForo 2.x, like this addon released & sponsored by Tinhte and coded by xfrocks.

erich37 and netrix like this.
  16. ibaker

ibaker Well-Known Member

I also have this problem...anyone know of a fix

17. cclaerhout

cclaerhout Well-Known Member

Option 1:
    Edit the file xenforo/js/swfupload/swfupload.min.js and add at the end this code.
    Option 2:
    Edit the file xenforo/js/swfupload/swfupload.min.js and replace its full content with this code (from SWFUpload 2.50 beta 3)
    Option 3:
    Install this addon. It will use a html5 library to upload files instead of a flash solution script. This is probably the best solution.

otto, Digital Doctor and ibaker like this.
  18. dawg

dawg Well-Known Member

Mine started working for me today, i have no idea why because i was already up to date on my pc.

19. ibaker

ibaker Well-Known Member

Thanks Mate...installed Option 3 and it is working ok now...not sure what mobile devices will have any problems yet though

20. nrep

nrep Well-Known Member

Would this be fixed in the new security patch, as it's altering the SWFUpload module?