Fixed Upload button problems in FF

I have managed to reproduce this now. (Not sure if it was 49.0.2 which I didn't get until this morning or that I had it on ask to activate to test a previous issue.)

Actually, that was relatively easy to confirm: it was async drawing. You can toggle dom.ipc.plugins.asyncdrawing.enabled in about:config to test.

I fixed this by putting this into extra.css (until a better fix is available).

.swfupload
{
position: absolute;
z-index: 1;
width: 0px !important;
}

We're starting to get a significant number of reports for this issue from clients using FireFox, any chance of an actual fix other than disabling the flash uploader?

Ok, so which is better?

I fixed this by putting this into extra.css (until a better fix is available).

.swfupload
{
position: absolute;
z-index: 1;
width: 0px !important;
}

Adding this to EXTRA.css seems to workaround it:
Code:
.swfupload { opacity: 0; }
I'm unsure if it will have any knock on effects in other browsers (particularly older versions).

There are some references to this change breaking Flash elements for some people in this bug: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1307108 I'll be looking at a reduced test case to send to Mozilla.

The former version (with the width 0px) is equivalent to just disabling the Flash uploader. The opacity fix is a workaround while maintaining the functionality.

As this is due to a pretty sizable Firefox regression -- and there are other sites having problems due to the async drawing change -- the ideal will be a resolution within Firefox, but we will consider whether a fix is viable and needed from within XF.

Adding this to EXTRA.css seems to workaround it:
Code:
I'm unsure if it will have any knock on effects in other browsers (particularly older versions).

There are some references to this change breaking Flash elements for some people in this bug: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1307108 I'll be looking at a reduced test case to send to Mozilla.

Awesome, thanks. I'll let them know!

No need to let them know, they are aware and it was an error in the build caused by not enabling async rendering by default and is fixed for v50.

This bug is being tracked in Bugzilla here: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1312242 It looks to be a full regression of transparency in Flash.

I have now incorporated the workaround for the next release as I don't see any negative effects from it but hopefully this will be resolved in Firefox itself sooner rather than later. To reiterate, the workaround is to add this to EXTRA.css:
Code:

I will tag this as fixed since we have a fix in place, but I'll keep an eye on the Bugzilla report.

Hi, first post.
I'm just a member of an XenForo forum.
I think that I need 1 post here, to see attachments anyway.

Just wondering if anyone has mentioned that if you toggle JS off,
that the "upload a file" button appears and kind of works?
Almost like something is backwards.

Anyway, disabling Shockwave works for me.
Our forum isn't going to mess with the extra code and wait for FF 50

Thanks!

Hi, first post.
I'm just a member of an XenForo forum.
I think that I need 1 post here, to see attachments anyway.

Just wondering if anyone has mentioned that if you toggle JS off,
that the "upload a file" button appears and kind of works?
Almost like something is backwards.

Anyway, disabling Shockwave works for me.
Our forum isn't going to mess with the extra code and wait for FF 50

Thanks!
When you disable flash it goes to the fallback which doesn't have the same issues, that's as expected.

Top Bottom