MG 1.1 Upload button not shown

Robert9

In two templates

attachment_upload_button
xengallery_file_upload_button

i have
<span id="AttachmentUploader" class="buttonProxy AttachmentUploader"
style="display: none"

because of this display:none the button is not shown.

If i delete the "display:none" the button is shown, but when i use the form, nothing is happen.
The ugp are set to full. Testing rights show everywhere: Yes

All uploads in the forum outside of this addon are successfull in use.

Is there any idea, what i can check next, please?

Next try:

Allow upload by url;
also nothing happens, but the picture is saved in the dir; also 0 and dummy are added in the dir.
But the XMG shows nothing.

If i remember right, i could use xmg on another server without setup anything, but not on this server.
sonnb is running (not now), everything else also.
Any idea for what i can search now, please?

Now i found that i can use XMG when unchecking the option:

Use new HTML5 uploader
If enabled, a HTML5-based attachment uploader will be used. This does not require Flash to provide functionality and should have greater compatibility with recent browsers. You should only disable this if you have add-ons that are not compatible with the new uploader.

As written, i can use this way of upload everywhere else, but not in the XMG.

Strange story short, i tried it on different servers withgout success. Then i have downloaded the last version again and have uploaded it. Now it works. When i compare old and new files i cant find any difference. Funny life.

And here I was just coming back to say I've just had an opportunity to test 1.5 properly...

Clearly wasn't able to reproduce the issue and looks like this has kind of resolved itself.

If I had to hazard a guess, the JS file for the uploader was probably missing - XFMG needs a different JS file for the new uploader and perhaps that wasn't loading.

I would have expected hints about that in the browser console though. FWIW always start there for client side JavaScript.

If you tried that and it didn't show any issues then it's just a mystery.

Exactly this was the hint that let me download the files from here and upload them to server again. Thank you watching it also.
The console error says that a file was not found. But i could load exactly this file with the browser.
Anyway i have solved it. Thank you. Together with a small addon to show an album in the RM and some changes there i have a really wonderful new tool now for the RM to show more pictures (only) for everyone, while the album itself is only viewable for registered users. And i really love it. :)

Top Bottom