Upload Attachments Error after Server Migration

Hello.

I've just migrated my Xenforo Installation from Windows to Linux. I'm on V 1.4.4.

I've copied over the files, updated the config.php to point to the database and all is working except being able to upload file attachments to threads. I suspect this is because somewhere in the system it's looking for our old e:\windowsdirectory\blahblahblah and we need to update that to /var/www/ etc for the physical path - but I can't find out where to change that.

Can anyone shed any light on this for me please? And if I'm not right in my presumptions, how to fix this issue?

FYI there are read and write permissions for the user so I doubt it's that. :)

Thanks!

Hugh.

XF doesn't use any hard coded server paths in that manner.

Moving an installation to a different host typically doesn't require anything other than what you have done.

What happens when you attempt to upload an attachment to a post?
What is the actual error message?

Hi.

Here's the error:
Screen Shot 2016-09-23 at 13.21.26.webp

....but it seems to be size related - I can upload less than 1 MB but not above, even though my attachments in the Options: Attachments are set to 5000. Also, when I upload images now, they upload but I no longer get the option to insert a thumbnail or full image now as I have done here....it just uploads.....?

That would suggest some sort of server limit or setting, which would be consistent with it starting after moving servers.

It could be one of these:
max_execution_time
memory_limit
post_max_size
upload_max_filesize
max_input_time

Brogan - the bit that does the thumb/full image option - is that Javascript? I ask because I think I have seen some other areas on NGINX/PHP-FGM where javascript isn't loading and I suspect this may be the issue?

If it's a small image, it won't be the max pixel size issue. If you aren't getting the option there, then your server is likely missing GD (or Imagick, if you had previously selected it). It's probably worth going to the installer; it should do a requirements check for you.

Hi Mike.

That's handy - thank you - so essentially, just make like I'm going to install it again, and see what the installation says? The only issue is that I'm on 1.4.4 - is there an installer available for that?

Top Bottom