XF 1.3 Upload a File does not work in latest Firefox release

PaulineK

Using Firefox 32.0.2, I cannot upload images in a post. This has been working well for months, but today after a Firefox update, it does not work.

I click "Upload a File" and nothing happens.
I checked Firefox options and block popups was selected. I unchecked this, restarted Firefox, but it still happens.
The same thing happens when I try uploading a file in this post (on your forums).

Works as usual in Internet Explorer.

>> A user reported that clicking the "upload a file" button in flash upload mode caused problems in FF. It seems that the dialog box opens up behind the browser window, appearing as if clicking the button didn't work. <<

Yes, that is what is happening. I did not see the window before.

What is your recommended solution? It looks like there are a few different ones offered in that thread.

>> A user reported that clicking the "upload a file" button in flash upload mode caused problems in FF. It seems that the dialog box opens up behind the browser window, appearing as if clicking the button didn't work. <<

Yes, that is what is happening. I did not see the window before.

What is your recommended solution? It looks like there are a few different ones offered in that thread.

It's really a pot luck type of thing. I was getting this issue when FF 32 came out and then it started working normally for several days and now it's back to opening behind the browser. Bit of a PIA though I'm sure someone reported this issue to Mozilla for all the good it will do.

Edit: seems like FF updated to 32.0.2 so I'm assuming that is when it occurred again.

Thanks. Hoping FF fixes it soon!
See this. Try the solution 4, it's the one that adds less code to the original script. Replace the content of your original swfupload.min.js by this one: swfupload.min.js. This file can be found in the directory: xenforo/js/swfupload.
It works for me. If it doesn't for you, you can try the solution 1. It will use an alternative method to bypass the "wmode" problem. This solution was integrated by the original coders of the script. These solutions are just meant to update the flash uploader. If you want to try an alternative method, see the solution 3.

Top Bottom