XF 1.2 Upgrading to 1.3. Timed out. Running from command line. Have a question

Stuart Wright

Hello folks,
I ran the upgrade from 1.2.5 to 1.3 RC2 and decided to give the web upgrade a go rather than the command line because it ran ok on the sandbox.
It timed out twice at Alpha step 7 so I then ran it from the command line.
Step 7 then completed instantly.
Because it timed out twice and then completed so quickly, I'm worried whether step 7 completed ok.
Will it be ok? Is there a way to check?

Supplementary question. I added a bunch of indexes to the database myself previously to speed things up. Is there a list of what new indexes have been added so I can check that there aren't nay duplicates?
Thanks

Last edited:
Run a file health check and see if there are any problems.
Why?
Hello folks,
I ran the upgrade from 1.2.5 to 1.3 RC2 and decided to give the web upgrade a go rather than the command line.
It timed out twice at Alpha step 7 so I then ran it from the command line.
Step 7 then completed instantly.
Because it timed out twice and then completed so quickly, I'm worried whether step 7 completed ok.
Will it be ok? Is there a way to check?

Supplementary question. I added a bunch of indexes to the database myself previously to speed things up. Is there a list of what new indexes have been added so I can check that there aren't nay duplicates?
Thanks
It's likely that the process it got stuck on completed eventually.

Yes but it's very unlikely to be relevant in this scenario. The upgrade is happening and timed out and the question was how to check if the step it timed out on was completed. The uploading of the files has already happened and typically the installer checks for any missing files it needs.

I'm assuming that steps 7 through 10 at least (which is where we are up to), because they are long, include changes to the big database tables.
Now I trust the XF dev team (I wouldn't upgrade to a RC otherwise), and so I assume that a timeout wouldn't screw things up, and the upgrade process would resume properly, but I need to check just in case.

Yeah. The step that failed on the web installer (7) primarily relates to changes in the IP address system. Including a few new keys. It's no wonder they timed out.

You'll be able to see the changes here:

library/XenForo/Install/Upgrade/1030010.php step7

Top Bottom