1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Upgrading to 1.2.1

Discussion in 'Installation, Upgrade, and Import Support' started by Phife, Aug 29, 2013.

  1. Phife

    Phife Member

    [​IMG]

    That is the list of plugins I use. I have no idea how to fix this issue.

    Help!
     
  2. Brogan

    Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

  3. Phife

    Phife Member

    I'm not very technically talented. We're on 1.2.0 and all our plugins have been tested by the community and have been reported to work with 1.2.0. We got that error whilst upgrading to 1.2.1.

    What part of that thread should I be looking at? :p
     
  4. Brogan

    Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

    Ah, I assumed you were upgrading from 1.1.x.

    There have been no changes to the database schema from 1.2.0 to 1.2.1 so you should have already been seeing errors related to this after you upgraded to 1.2.0.

    The xf_node.title is a core table column so I'm confused as to how it can be missing.
    Did you perhaps uninstall any add-ons recently?
     
  5. Phife

    Phife Member

    We installed HTML in node titles by waindigo and then uninstalled it within 5 minutes and attempted to upgrade to 1.2.1 from 1.2.0.

    We had no errors when upgrading to 1.2.0.
     
  6. Jeremy

    Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

    That's a confusing installation file, but that add-on modifies the xf_node.title column, so its most likely your issue.
     
  7. Brogan

    Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

    I just installed and uninstalled that add-on and it removed that column from the table.
     
  8. Jeremy

    Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

    I can confirm this via the code as well.
     
  9. Brogan

    Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

    I would recommend restoring from a backup and then proceeding with the upgrade to 1.2.1.

    If you don't have a recent backup then you will need to recreate that column and re-enter all of the missing data.
     
  10. Phife

    Phife Member

    I installed the plugin again and the upgrade worked. However, all node titles are K.I.A.
     
  11. Jeremy

    Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

    Once a table (or column) is dropped, the data is gone. Paul's advice is really what you needed to follow:
     
  12. Jon W

    Jon W Well-Known Member

    Thanks for letting me know about this and sorry for the trouble.

    The MySql query that you will need to run (using PhpMyAdmin or similar) is:
    Code:
    ALTER TABLE  `xf_node` ADD  `title` VARCHAR( 50 ) NOT NULL AFTER  `node_id`
    but as @Brogan said, you might be better off restoring a backup as the above will give every node a blank title, so you would need to re-enter them all manually by editing all the nodes.

    I am releasing an update to this add-on to fix this problem.
     

Share This Page