Upgrading to 1.2.1

Phife

Upgrade Errors
Uh oh, your upgrade to 1.2.1 has failed!

The following elements of the database are incorrect:

• Column xf_node.title missing.
This is likely caused by an add-on conflict. You may need to restore a backup, remove the offending add-on data from the database, and retry the upgrade. Contact support if you are not sure how to proceed.

20d43211ef.png

That is the list of plugins I use. I have no idea how to fix this issue.

Help!

I'm not very technically talented. We're on 1.2.0 and all our plugins have been tested by the community and have been reported to work with 1.2.0. We got that error whilst upgrading to 1.2.1.

What part of that thread should I be looking at? :P

Ah, I assumed you were upgrading from 1.1.x.

There have been no changes to the database schema from 1.2.0 to 1.2.1 so you should have already been seeing errors related to this after you upgraded to 1.2.0.

The xf_node.title is a core table column so I'm confused as to how it can be missing.
Did you perhaps uninstall any add-ons recently?

I would recommend restoring from a backup and then proceeding with the upgrade to 1.2.1.

If you don't have a recent backup then you will need to recreate that column and re-enter all of the missing data.

Once a table (or column) is dropped, the data is gone. Paul's advice is really what you needed to follow:
I would recommend restoring from a backup and then proceeding with the upgrade to 1.2.1.

If you don't have a recent backup then you will need to recreate that column and re-enter all of the missing data.

Thanks for letting me know about this and sorry for the trouble.

The MySql query that you will need to run (using PhpMyAdmin or similar) is:
Code:
ALTER TABLE  `xf_node` ADD  `title` VARCHAR( 50 ) NOT NULL AFTER  `node_id`
but as @Brogan said, you might be better off restoring a backup as the above will give every node a blank title, so you would need to re-enter them all manually by editing all the nodes.

I am releasing an update to this add-on to fix this problem.

Top Bottom