XF 1.2 Upgrading to 1.2.1 - Server Error

Martok

I have just upgraded to 1.2.1 and during the install process I received the following error:

Code:
Server Error

Mysqli statement execute error : Prepared statement needs to be re-prepared

Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 297
Zend_Db_Statement->execute() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 479
Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in XenForo/Model/Deferred.php at line 103
XenForo_Model_Deferred->defer() in XenForo/Application.php at line 1288
XenForo_Application::defer() in XenForo/Model/Deferred.php at line 211
XenForo_Model_Deferred->runDeferred() in XenForo/Model/Deferred.php at line 321
XenForo_Model_Deferred->_runInternal() in XenForo/Model/Deferred.php at line 255
XenForo_Model_Deferred->runByUniqueKey() in XenForo/Install/Controller/Abstract.php at line 34
XenForo_Install_Controller_Abstract->_manualDeferredRunner() in XenForo/Install/Controller/Upgrade.php at line 216
XenForo_Install_Controller_Upgrade->actionRunDeferred() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 337
XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
XenForo_FrontController->run() in ***path obfuscated***/install/index.php at line 18

I had no problem when I upgraded my dev site (which has the same set-up and add-ons as my main site).

One thing I noticed after this error was that, although the front end looked fine, in the ACP the Users screen was blank (I guess some of the admin templates may not have rebuilt?)

I have resolved the issue by Rebuilding the Master Data. However, I had to run this process twice as the first time I got the same error.

I don't know if this was a problem with my server at the time or if it could be something else? Anyway, I thought I'd share this just in case.

It's a server issue. From what we've seen, it's tied to specific versions of MySQL or at least specific server setups. It tends to manifest itself at times of high load. If it appears randomly, it tends to appear until MySQL is restarted.

If you don't receive it again, I wouldn't worry about it. Otherwise, you may need to look at a different MySQL version.

Thanks, Mike.

It's the only time I've seen this. I'm on shared hosting which does have issues at times (last night the site was running slowly, probably due to server load). I may look at moving to VPS at some stage when finances allow.

You may want to look at a more recent branch of MySQL (5.5, for example). There's no reason based on XF itself for that error to occur (according the MySQL docs as to what triggers it).

I have the option to upgrade to 5.5 in WHM.

Just worried it may cause other problems I wont know how to solve :)

though this has only just started after upgrading to 1.2.1, never had it before.

btw just noticed title of this post. I have upgraded to 1.2.1 without a problem but I just constantly get this error

Last edited:
Top Bottom