XF 1.4 Upgrading through Cpanel

Devilwillcry4you

I have always FTP'ed the files and it takes forever to do it, is it possible to just upload and extract the zip through cpanel and how it work correctly .

I find the fastest way to be extracting locally and zip only the files you need to upload then upload the zip and extract to the files directly to the directory over ssh specifying overwrite all with no prompting, this of course only works if you have shell access.

Why unzip locally, extract a subset of the files, and zip again?
How do you determine which files you do and don't need?

I can guarantee that is slower than just uploading the default zip, extracting and overwriting, either via cPanel or SSH.

Why unzip locally, extract a subset of the files, and zip again?
How do you determine which files you do and don't need?

I can guarantee that is slower than just uploading the default zip, extracting and overwriting, either via cPanel or SSH.
I mean, I am not trying to get into a cock fight here but that is you using your machine connecting to your server and using your preference, on my machine zipping and unzipping an archive with 5000 small files is less than a sec, uploading a zip is a sec or two and ssh with -o is job done.

If you really want, you can make a video of you installing xf from scratch and I can do the same and we can compare junk all day but really that was not my intention, I was merely pointing out what is faster...for me.

While you are unzipping, picking the files and zipping again, I am already uploading.

All things being equal, I fail to see how your method is quicker.

Top Bottom