XF 1.3 Upgrading page blank.

MatthewM

I am currently upgrading my forums to 1.3.5, however upon uploading the forum files for 1.3.5 from the upgrade package, and the forums displaying the "The board is currently being upgraded. Please check back later." message, upon going to /install (which, as usual, subsequently redirects to /install/index.php?upgrade/) I get a blank page.

Edit: The log-in page does display first, however upon logging in, the page goes blank.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated,
Matthew

Last edited:
What are you upgrading from? I would normally try reuploading the files. It's possible there was an error during the first upload.

Thanks for the rapid reply.

I have tried multiple uploads, however I will try again, just in case! I am upgrading from 1.3.1.

Edit: unfortunately, the reupload did not fix the issue.

Last edited:
I don't see an obvious reason for that to happen, especially if the login page is displaying. Try adding this to your library/config.php file:
Code:
ini_set('display_errors', true);
There may be a suppressed error.

Otherwise, if you submit a ticket with admin and FTP login details, one of the staff can look into it. (However, please do note that it's now 11:45 PM in the UK where most of us are based.)

I checked in my PHP Logging file, and I have several errors, the latest of which are:

[12-Aug-2014 22:26:58 UTC] PHP Warning: Unterminated comment starting line 129 in /var/zpanel/hostdata/seedofandromeda/public_html/seedofandromeda_com/community/library/XenForo/Application.php on line 129
[12-Aug-2014 22:26:58 UTC] PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end, expecting T_FUNCTION in /var/zpanel/hostdata/seedofandromeda/public_html/seedofandromeda_com/community/library/XenForo/Application.php on line 130

However I seem to have gotten no errors from the latest attempt to access the page.

If I submit a ticket, I will make sure it is tomorrow, I have to be up early in the morning, so can't stay up too long myself.

I suspect those error were from when you were in the middle of the upload. They wouldn't have allowed the login form to be displayed.

That makes sense. I am trying one more upload for want of a better thing to do to work towards solving the issue, but I fear this is a problem not easily rectified. I will likely have to return the forums back to their previous state, and try again tomorrow should this attempt fail.

Thanks for your help, especially at this late hour!

I checked in my PHP Logging file, and I have several errors, the latest of which are:

[12-Aug-2014 22:26:58 UTC] PHP Warning: Unterminated comment starting line 129 in /var/zpanel/hostdata/seedofandromeda/public_html/seedofandromeda_com/community/library/XenForo/Application.php on line 129
[12-Aug-2014 22:26:58 UTC] PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end, expecting T_FUNCTION in /var/zpanel/hostdata/seedofandromeda/public_html/seedofandromeda_com/community/library/XenForo/Application.php on line 130

However I seem to have gotten no errors from the latest attempt to access the page.

If I submit a ticket, I will make sure it is tomorrow, I have to be up early in the morning, so can't stay up too long myself.

have you tried http://www.yoursite.com/admin.php

And then running the install from there?

Top Bottom