MG 2.0 Upgrading media gallery

bobs409

I just wanted to check before I create a disaster for myself. I just downloaded version 2.0 of media gallery to update the old version I have now. If I upload as it is, will it do ONLY an update and NOT a fresh install? The forum download offer an install or an upgrade choice but not for the gallery.

Thanks,

Bob

I uploaded the new files to forum/library/XenGallery directory. That's where they were working prior to upgrading to 2.0.

I'm not even sure what version I had last. In my add on list, it shows: Xen media gallery 2.1.3 When I go to the customer area, the newest version that I downloaded is 2.0.0 :confused:

Xen Media Gallery is the version before XenForo brought it on board.

After Xen Media Gallery 2.1 was XenForo Media Gallery 1.0, 1.1 and now it's XenForo Media Gallery 2.0.

You should still be able to upgrade, however, to do so, you need to follow the instructions provided in the download, which links to here:

https://xenforo.com/xf2-docs/manual/media-gallery/

You've currently uploaded the files to totally the wrong place.

Ok I think I have the files in the right spot now. When I try to upgrade, I get this error:

Code:
InvalidArgumentException: Column definition 'album_title' does not exist therefore it cannot be changed. in src/XF/Db/Schema/Column.php at line 414

XF\Db\Schema\Column->getDefinition() in src/XF/Db/Schema/Alter.php at line 230
    XF\Db\Schema\Alter->getQueries() in src/XF/Db/Schema/AbstractDdl.php at line 147
    XF\Db\Schema\AbstractDdl->apply() in src/XF/Db/SchemaManager.php at line 143
    XF\Db\SchemaManager->alterTable() in src/addons/XFMG/Setup.php at line 242
    XFMG\Setup->upgrade2010670Step1() in src/XF/AddOn/StepRunnerUpgradeTrait.php at line 117
    XFMG\Setup->upgradeStepRunner() in src/XF/AddOn/StepRunnerUpgradeTrait.php at line 74
    XFMG\Setup->upgrade() in src/XF/Admin/Controller/AddOn.php at line 437
    XF\Admin\Controller\AddOn->actionUpgrade() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 249
    XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 89
    XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 41
    XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run() in src/XF/App.php at line 1879
    XF\App->run() in src/XF.php at line 328
    XF::runApp() in admin.php at line 13

Top Bottom