Upgrading from beta 3 to RC

thunderup

Okay, I am upgrading from Beta 3 to the new RC release...

I have a question about the templates..
Will all templates be over-written?
Will all .css files be overwritten except for EXTRA.css?

Also, are the templates effected in this update when the over-write? Where I would need to find my code I added/modififed in the template on my version and re-input it ?
Or could I simply copy and paste the entire template on my beta 3 version and replace the RC version?

Thanks!

Extra.css is never overwritten.

Any edited templates which are updated in the new release are marked as outdated.

What are outdated templates and why do I need to revert them? Can't I just continue using the old ones?
If a template is changed between releases, i.e. from 1.0.0 to 1.0.1, and you have manually edited it, then it will be marked as outdated. This is done because the software doesn't automatically overwrite those templates, thereby causing certain functionality which you have added to be lost. It is an indication that the core code has changed and you need to take action. The software will continue to function with these outdated templates but you may be missing important updates and bug fixes so it is recommended to revert and reapply any edits.

Top Bottom